New to Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ggarza5492

Reaction score
I'm new to the Raptor world.. I won this truck in a raffle about a month ago.. it's a 2011 with about 55,000 miles, came as you see it.. the only thing I've done was the fuse 27 relocation, add a new sound system with backup camera and power folding mirrors ( to fit it in my garage).. is there anything I should really look out for besides regular maintenance ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211009-152041_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20211009-152041_Instagram.jpg
    919 KB · Views: 111

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, congrats on a low mileage Gen 1. At that mileage she isn't due for anything major. Maybe a shock rebuild or new ones from Rockauto. Change the fluids on the drivetrain, except the transmission(no no to flush). The only issue with that year was the fuse 27 and maybe the lead frame in the transmission. Gen 1's were/are solid.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'm new to the Raptor world.. I won this truck in a raffle about a month ago.. it's a 2011 with about 55,000 miles, came as you see it..

Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

You: are living right. Scoring a Raptor in a raffle? Closest I can come is I knew a guy who won a new, unfired Thompson sub gun - not a semiautomatic replica in an auction.

Check for rust on the sills, and man - that is a sharp looking truck.

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tape that covers the holes in the body behind the rockers tends to get old and fall off, most on the forum use gorilla tape to re-do that to minimize water and gunk intrusion to fend off rust. I used flex-tape and it's holding up really well. Congratulations on winning the truck it's beautiful, I need to enter better raffles apparently.

OP
OP
ggarza5492

ggarza5492

Reaction score
Welcome to the place, congrats on a low mileage Gen 1. At that mileage she isn't due for anything major. Maybe a shock rebuild or new ones from Rockauto. Change the fluids on the drivetrain, except the transmission(no no to flush). The only issue with that year was the fuse 27 and maybe the lead frame in the transmission. Gen 1's were/are solid.
Thanks.. appreciate the new wisdom

OP
OP
ggarza5492

ggarza5492

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

You: are living right. Scoring a Raptor in a raffle? Closest I can come is I knew a guy who won a new, unfired Thompson sub gun - not a semiautomatic replica in an auction.

Check for rust on the sills, and man - that is a sharp looking truck.
Thanks..appreciate the advice

OP
OP
ggarza5492

ggarza5492

Reaction score
The tape that covers the holes in the body behind the rockers tends to get old and fall off, most on the forum use gorilla tape to re-do that to minimize water and gunk intrusion to fend off rust. I used flex-tape and it's holding up really well. Congratulations on winning the truck it's beautiful, I need to enter better raffles apparently.
Thanks.. I'll check it out