Need More Noise/5Star Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My reasoning was why would I pay money to have something some of the time when I could have it all of the time for free

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because I've been pulled over and had the guy pull out a decibel meter before I had the cut out and I still didn't pass!!!

Stainless Works

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Since we have installed a huge amount of header & exhaust combos on many Raptors, I personally have driven many of them with various modified setups. Some with catbacks only, many full header & exhaust combos and a number of them with tunes, either 5-Star or Diablo. A ton of AirAid intakes and a few AFE. So here is my feedback.

A tune is huge!! It's gotta be hands down one of the best modifications you can perform on a Raptor. It will take a standard truck and quickly turn it into a performance machine. First thing you will notice is the transmission will now shift much faster between gears, no more slosh box shifting. The overall throttle response is night and day difference. Just a slight tap of the pedal will make the truck move forward (or backwards if you prefer). The stock tune is universal to make the truck perform at a comfortable level for every user. Adding a tune is for those who want a better acting truck.

Cold Air intake makes good noise, filter out all the dirt and debris much better than any stock filter and again, noticeable feel in performance over the stock component. We obviously support AirAid due to ease of installation, fitment, performance gain and overall quality, but really cannot go wrong with any of them on the market.

400-272-installed.jpg

Catback is great for muscle truck sounds and will free up some horsepower due the CNC mandrel bends, larger diameter tubing which is one consistent size and it will eliminate the massive OEM muffler in favor of two hi-flow mufflers. With many exit locations and muffler options, you can tailor your truck to sound the way you want it.

raptorboxes.jpg

Headers are supreme power adders! These will make the front end of the truck jump quickly with response by removing the very small and restrictive cast iron manifolds. Long tube design brings up the torque numbers across the entire RPM range. That means no more waiting for the power to "come in" and making things like towing or hill climbing much easier. Things you do at half throttle are now being completed with 1/4 throttle input.

ftrpt10hconfig_2.jpg

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i did CAI, catback, and tune 1st. then i did full SW exhaust(headers, high flow cats, and catback) with a new tune(5 star) and let me tell u the headers really made a difference in performance. it also saounds so bad ass now. i get lots of compliments. long tubes with the lightning style exit is what beast mode sounds like

OP
OP
sonoma

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
i did CAI, catback, and tune 1st. then i did full SW exhaust(headers, high flow cats, and catback) with a new tune(5 star) and let me tell u the headers really made a difference in performance. it also saounds so bad ass now. i get lots of compliments. long tubes with the lightning style exit is what beast mode sounds like

Can you show me a picture of it? I really would love a boost to the performance. Even though its abeast!

Thanks! :D

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

I don't open my cutout much anymore since I installed my Corsa. This is inside the cab with the cutout closed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZW96eq6IHM

I do like to open the cutout when offroading hard so I can hear my shift points.

Good point. I love that video and the sound! I hear ya! I like to hear the changes. And your display is beautiful...did you do that yourself with the white and black framing??