Need More Noise/5Star Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
It's hard deciding which mods to go with first, but a few questions:

:hmmm2:

I'm interested in a 5Star tuning for 91 Performance but I'm seeing people tuning at several different octane levels at once (81 83 91), what is the benefit or disadvantage to doing that?

Also want to change out the exhaust and intake, will both of these be required for that extra push in the Raptor?

I'm looking at headers with offroad pipes and a corsa catback system - but that's because I like it noisy. I don't want it quiet - but keep in mind, performance is most important so noisy to a level that will improve performance

OP
OP
sonoma

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Tbone I think it sounds perfect but love that rumble too- might be best just leave the rumble for the coal rollers.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Volant intake a 5 star and a cut out so there is no muffler. Let the beast make it's natural noise

This works great. I did the Volant intake, 5 star tune, and a MBRP cat back exhaust. I love it but may go back and add a cut out at some point.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
People get different octane tunes so they can change if they want. I'd get your other mods first and then order the tune. That way you don't have to pay for more tunes later on.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes I have the 93 octane and the 87. Because that is what gas is prevalent in my area. The tune is changed depending on your octane because the timing can be advanced or retarded based on the octane rating to get you more power or gas mileage.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Before going with headers, it might be good to find a fellow Californian who has successfully installed headers that pass emissions.

And holding off on a tune until you get your intake and exhaust installed will save you money.

Best wishes on your modding adventure.

OP
OP
sonoma

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. That helped a lot.

I didn't have the time to get some reading in on tuning and asked here- got a quick summary that I needed.

I'll ask a friend of mine and look up the emissions.

If headers won't pass won't get them. But still want some performance upgrades.