How To Nav Tv install and radio removal directions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewchief97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing back from the dead...Overall, it was a very easy and straight forward installation. Used the following youtube link nav-tv install 2013 raptor - YouTube to remove the radio and the rest is plug and play with the wiring. That is of course if you ordered the harness. With that said just wanted to give a couple tips for installing this system on a 2013 Screw with factory front camera.

1. When installing/removing the lower trim piece below the AC controls, I found it much easier to be done after removing the uplifter cluster (pops out). The trim panel goes in on such a sharp angle and having the cluster back out of the way, makes it that much easier to remove/install the trim without damage.

2. The NAV-TV instructions state that the wire to be spliced for the front camera is violet/grey. However, there is both a light and a dark grey striped violet wire. The wire you need is the violet/light grey.

Thanks and good luck with your own install.
-Brian

CarRamrod

Reaction score
Bringing back from the dead...Overall, it was a very easy and straight forward installation. Used the following youtube link nav-tv install 2013 raptor - YouTube to remove the radio and the rest is plug and play with the wiring. That is of course if you ordered the harness. With that said just wanted to give a couple tips for installing this system on a 2013 Screw with factory front camera.

1. When installing/removing the lower trim piece below the AC controls, I found it much easier to be done after removing the uplifter cluster (pops out). The trim panel goes in on such a sharp angle and having the cluster back out of the way, makes it that much easier to remove/install the trim without damage.

2. The NAV-TV instructions state that the wire to be spliced for the front camera is violet/grey. However, there is both a light and a dark grey striped violet wire. The wire you need is the violet/light grey.

Thanks and good luck with your own install.
-Brian

I just ordered mine from Noah, hope the quota is filled soon so i can start taking my truck apart. How were the instructions? were they detailed?

crewchief97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered mine from Noah, hope the quota is filled soon so i can start taking my truck apart. How were the instructions? were they detailed?

The instructions are decent. I highly recommend you watch the video linked in my previous post and you shouldn't have any issues.

-Brian

CarRamrod

Reaction score
The instructions are decent. I highly recommend you watch the video linked in my previous post and you shouldn't have any issues.

-Brian

I just watched it. They only thing i was iffy about is how he was splicing the wires in to the existing wires "toward the radio" and "toward the car". I was wondering if there was any more of an explanation than that.

crewchief97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just watched it. They only thing i was iffy about is how he was splicing the wires in to the existing wires "toward the radio" and "toward the car". I was wondering if there was any more of an explanation than that.

I assume you are talking about splicing for the front camera? The two wires from the navtv unit are clearly marked and go to the respective ends of the cut camera wire on the truck harness. There are pictures of this process in the instructions.

-Brian

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only 1 wire needs to be spliced in the engine bay. cut and solder since its an outside connection that is succeptable to moisture and debris.

CarRamrod

Reaction score
only 1 wire needs to be spliced in the engine bay. cut and solder since its an outside connection that is succeptable to moisture and debris.

I was talking about the portion between 6:00 and 7:00 in the above video. But i just rewatched it and understand now. You cut the wire, and when it says car you connect to the side going into the dash toward the engine. And when it says radio you connect to the wire going into the radio connector. leaving the other side dangling.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that video was for hardwiring the unit. now there is a plug and play harness. the only connection you need to make is the front camera connection under the hood.