My Ford Touch Update to v.3.6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's java based so your browser may not matter. Make sure you have the latest version of java
and your security settings aren't preventing it. If you're using a Mac you might want to try the oracle version of Java vs the default mac java.

OS X can be a Java compatibility nightmare.

I clicked the "Missing Plug-In" link and it took me to the Oracle Java page and I downloaded and installed it and it still wasn't working. I'm going to try it one more time this morning on the iMac with Firefox and I'll also try to search around it some more troubleshoot it. If not, I'll try the MBP.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took mine like 25ish minutes and didn't notice a huge difference but I didn't play with it too much. Admittedly though with such a new system you have to keep up with the updates while they figure out all the bugs.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was running into the same problem and then went to the java website. There was a link you could click on that would test your java and then it was magically "enabled".

Finally, got this to work, but it would only work in Safari and not Firefox. I had to test Java through Safari after downloading the latest version and then delete my Java cache for the update to work. And apparently everybody and their brother is trying to download this update on Sunday morning because the site keeps crashing and requiring the page to be refreshed 2-3 times for the the page to load. Then it downloaded in about 5 minutes and took 30 minutes to load in the truck. I only had the truck for like 3 days, but things do seem to be running a little quicker. Pleased with the update so far. Reconnected my phone and downloaded my phonebook and reloaded my 120 GB iPod and it took it about 10 minutes to index my iPod for voice commands.

Hoffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Caved it to peer pressure and updated.

Much smoother.

I swear my radio sounds better. Not sure how

DIRTYFUN

Xpedition Ready Design
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update went smooth and finally have the Raptor splash screen when turning it on and off :) That was the biggest bonus lol.

Warning - It deletes any and all background wallpapers you may have had so get ready to reinstall them.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Finally, got this to work, but it would only work in Safari and not Firefox. I had to test Java through Safari after downloading the latest version and then delete my Java cache for the update to work. And apparently everybody and their brother is trying to download this update on Sunday morning because the site keeps crashing and requiring the page to be refreshed 2-3 times for the the page to load. Then it downloaded in about 5 minutes and took 30 minutes to load in the truck. I only had the truck for like 3 days, but things do seem to be running a little quicker. Pleased with the update so far. Reconnected my phone and downloaded my phonebook and reloaded my 120 GB iPod and it took it about 10 minutes to index my iPod for voice commands.

Oddly enough, the download wouldn't work on my PC with Firefox, either. I had to use Google Chrome for it to actually download and work properly.

bryanb

Reaction score
I swear my radio sounds better. Not sure how

Ok, maybe I am not nuts. I noticed an improvement in sound quality too (2013 MFT). I've had my Raptor for two weeks now, and the biggest disappointment was the "upgraded" Sony sound system which sounded really flat no matter how much I tweaked the audio controls. After performing the update on Saturday I remember thinking that the sound quality was actually better, but had convinced myself that I was just getting used to it. Maybe they really did improve the sound quality...

Anyone else notice this?