My Ford Touch Update to v.3.6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, maybe I am not nuts. I noticed an improvement in sound quality too (2013 MFT). I've had my Raptor for two weeks now, and the biggest disappointment was the "upgraded" Sony sound system which sounded really flat no matter how much I tweaked the audio controls. After performing the update on Saturday I remember thinking that the sound quality was actually better, but had convinced myself that I was just getting used to it. Maybe they really did improve the sound quality...

Anyone else notice this?

The 2011 had a great sound system. The 2013 sounded like I was in a tin can and no adjustments would help much. When I upgraded the software I checked and it retained the same settings as before, but sounded much better. Tweaked the settings a bit more and now its as good as the 2011 model.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, maybe I am not nuts. I noticed an improvement in sound quality too (2013 MFT). I've had my Raptor for two weeks now, and the biggest disappointment was the "upgraded" Sony sound system which sounded really flat no matter how much I tweaked the audio controls. After performing the update on Saturday I remember thinking that the sound quality was actually better, but had convinced myself that I was just getting used to it. Maybe they really did improve the sound quality...

Anyone else notice this?

you mind playing tricks on you...haha jk.
I could be wrong

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried a few times to install 3.6 last night, each time it failed after idling the truck for 20 minutes saying there was a problem with my USB device. Late last night the site went down for maintenance so I had to give up.

This morning I log back in to try another USB, and it looks like they got rid of the java portion of the update system. Now you download a .zip and follow the instructions, which have you unzip it and copy the files to your USB.

Glad they got rid of Java (as a software developer, I hate that thing, I won't list the reasons), but man this is way more complicated than it needs to be. When you download the file, the default name it wants to save the file as is "Gen2v361build13171updatepackageNARev1.zip, attachment.zip, attachment.zip, attachment". You'll need to change this to just "Gen2v361build13171updatepackageNARev1.zip" otherwise your .zip utility will not recognize the file type. The instructions also reference this name. I'm hoping they notice this bug and fix it soon.

Attachments

• steps.jpg
    steps.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't have any issues with the right security settings using Internet Explorer. Download took a little while and all you do is plug it in your usb in the truck and it does the rest. It is not complicated at all unless you are dealing with apple products.

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the update it went relatively pain free, except now I lost the Raptor Screen and I'm now stuck with the Ford logo. How can I get the Raptor one back? Is there a place you can download it? Thanks.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ I would try doing it again. Everyone that I am aware of that updated MFT got the Raptor screen even when they werent getting it before. Plus, within MFT there is no way to change the opening screen so you couldn't just download it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc