My Ford Touch Update to v.3.6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are you referring to the Raptor splash screen and start/stop or just the background logo? If it's just the background/wallpaper, you can load that yourself with a USB drive.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is one reason why it's recommended to do a Master reset before doing the update.
The update does read the previous settings so if there was a glitch before it might carry over.
And remove the pairing setting in your phones too. The update will reset the pairing in MFT anyway.

Last edited:

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Etalian, not a background. It is the splash screen when the MFT power on or off. Shows a Raptor Logo vs. Ford Blue Oval.

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ I would try doing it again. Everyone that I am aware of that updated MFT got the Raptor screen even when they werent getting it before. Plus, within MFT there is no way to change the opening screen so you couldn't just download it.

As luck would have it, it came back when I turned it back on from sitting a while...

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DesaRaptor, have tried a battery disconnect? It might work. Either that or redo the flash.

MFT. I am good. I got the Raptor Splash and am very happy with the update. Seems to have fixed several of my complaints. I was just trying to clarify the splash question.

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the genre graphic that pops up before album art? I have an iPod classic connected to my 2013 and this morning when I was playing music I was in the more info area (when you touch the album art from normal view) and when I skipped the song a different image popped up before the actual album art showed. I cannot remember details about the image but there were a few different ones and all were labeled with the genre - rock and alternative are two.

I thought it was pretty cool but do not remember this prior to MFT update

AlpineM3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

About to go through with the download now the only question is, I have an 8gb flash drive that has 5gb's available for the download, but isn't empty obviously. Will having other files present conflict with that of the Update? Hoping to hear from your guy's experience. Thank you in advance!