Music on flash drive Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope. Personally I like Victrolas! :)
But you have to make some allowances for modern technology, even thought you don't like it. Me, I'm comfortable with CDs. Things that don't move and make music anyway are UnNatural.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I need to join in on this thread, though it's a week old...

I had the small SanCruz 32gb drive and loaded some MP3s on it and worked perfect! I just formatted it and loaded the same songs along with a good bit of new songs on it, 922 to be exact. Now it won't recognize my drive?! Here's what I tried so far:

I tried re-adding all the ID3 tags on it
Tried changing the file name to show artist - title
Tried formatting drive several times in Win7 to FAT32, with no luck.
Tried using 2Tware Fat32Foramt with no luck
I'm converting all the MP3s for the raptor to 192kbps vs the 160 it was at...

Any suggestions?? I'm diverse in the MP3 world but for some reason I can't figure this one out!

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
My truck has stopped recognizing my MP3 player also. Worked fine for 2 years. WTF?

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has stopped recognizing my MP3 player also. Worked fine for 2 years. WTF?

I would try a master reset, I can do that thru the program settings in my 2013, not sure if you can.

If you can't maybe a cold reboot, which means disconnecting the battery for a minute. When the update came for MFT mine locked up and thats what the dealer did. It may work, but you will lose all settings. You are starting from scratch.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I would try a master reset, I can do that thru the program settings in my 2013, not sure if you can.

If you can't maybe a cold reboot, which means disconnecting the battery for a minute. When the update came for MFT mine locked up and thats what the dealer did. It may work, but you will lose all settings. You are starting from scratch.

Worth a shot. Thanks Mike.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Ditto thanks man! I'm fixing to try one more time and see what's up. If not, master reset it is! Gotta be something simple and stupid, should just work like it did previously! :)