Music on flash drive Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

64auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 32gb SanDisk cruzer today. Still can't get it figured out. I have made different folders on USB for different music. If i highlight and drag say 50 songs to USB folder it shows up as MPEG 4 audio and plays fine in truck. If i highlight and drag say75 to folder it shows up as MPEG 4 audio file . Which want play in raptor. What can i do to fix it.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
64auto, are you saying that the original 75 songs that will play suddenly will NOT play after you add the additional 75?

OP
OP

64auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns abunch of the files into MPEG 4 Audio File, Those will not play. How can I change them to just MPEG 4 Audio? Shows them as protected

Last edited:

renegadeagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this and worked ok:

iTunes
Step 1
Download and install the free "iTunes" software for your operating system.

Step 2
Open the "iTunes" program.

Step 3
Click on the "Edit" menu if you are using a Windows computer. Click on the "iTunes" menu if you are using a Mac.

Step 4
Choose the "Preferences" option.

Step 5
Click on the "General" button in the "Preferences" window.

Step 6
Click the "Importing Settings" button.

Step 7
Choose the "MP3" option in the "Import Using" window.

Step 8
Click the "OK" button to close the "Preferences" window.

Step 9
Choose the MPEG-4 audio file you want to convert in the "Library" section of the screen.

Step 10
Click the "Create MP3 version" option. The software will create a copy of the MPEG-4 audio file and convert it to MP3. You will have two copies of the same song in the library.

ernie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ruger....have you been able to fix the problem yet? I ran into a similar situation briefly where my USB thumb wasn't recognized [but it had been fine up until then]. In my case, just shut down truck and audio, started truck up, inserted USB drive...waited until the drive was finished (music indexing), turned on the audio, worked fine. Did any of this actually work in solving the problem? No idea, [going off topic] but my Sync system has been acting squirrely lately anyways....bluetooth seems to be hosed for the time being [using iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1], but that problem seems to be not uncommon if you read the Apple boards (lots of finger-pointing) and I haven't had time yet to try the suggestions here and elsewhere.

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
renegadeagle, I don't see an Edit option. All I see are Songs, Albums, Artists, Genres, Playlists, Radio, Match.

ernie, Nope. Haven't solved this problem. Part of the problem has to be me. I'm a dinosaur. I don't like electronic devices, and they do not like me. My wife bought me an iPod Shuffle for Valentines Day. Thought it would solve the problem. Nope, it's a NEW PROBLEM. Damn thing is supposed to charge in 3 hours. I left it in the USB drive of the computer for 24 hours with the computer left on, and it won't take a charge. I don't like music enough to fight with and be aggrivated by the delivery system. It's going back.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This keeps getting better. The new iPod is incompatible with the Raptor through the USB port. I'm going to try the stereo line in, but have to buy a cord.

UPDATE: iPod works through SYNC Line In but not USB.

I'd still prefer the simplicity of a tumb drive, but can't get that to work.

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's an iPod Shuffle Gen4. The truck doesn't like it. In fact, I haven't found a damn thing that you can plug into the USB port that the truck does like! But it'll play through the SYNC Line In. Great. Now I have something new to fiddle with.

And listen here, whippersnapper, respect your elders!