More Ecoboost Ford Raptor evidence for 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read the raptor platform might stay the same thru 2015.

how many plants build f150's now days, and which one builds the raptor?

If the raptor is built at a different plant than bulk of other f150's I could see that happening. They did that in 2004, the regular f150 was updated, but the heritage and lightning trim levels both stayed the 2003 body style with 2004 model year, but they were built at the ontario plant, the other plants changed over.

If the bulk of the f150's all come from the same plant as the raptor, with the modifications they had to make to fit the raptor down the line, then I don't think they may go that route.

wvaboy

Reaction score
as I stated several times before....the raptor is 1000lbs heavier to start with
it's already an uneven race
then throw in the fact the ecoboost has a force induction setup really makes it unfair.

wanna fair race? add 1000lbs to the bed/back of the ecoboost then race a roush raptor or a raptor with a similar force induction set up...

it wouldn't keep up with a roush raptor as is even with the raptor being heavier, so why put a smaller engine in a heavier truck again????

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you compare apples to apples the 6.2 is a little stronger. 0-60 times for a 2012 Screw, non Raptor, with a 6.2 are .1-.2 sec. quicker than Screw Eco. The 1/4 mile times are also about .1-.2 apart.

wvaboy

Reaction score
If you compare apples to apples the 6.2 is a little stronger. 0-60 times for a 2012 Screw, non Raptor, with a 6.2 are .1-.2 sec. quicker than Screw Eco. The 1/4 mile times are also about .1-.2 apart.

it's not comparing apples to apples

I'm wondering if there are a bunch of import guys trying to make this happen?
lol

wvaboy

Reaction score
I have no idea what that means.

You are still trying to compare a forced induction engine to a non force induction engine.
you're asking a smaller engine to do a lot more work, the weight alone of a raptor, once again is 1000lbs heavier than an ecoboost is currently hauling, which would put even more strain on a smaller block with more boost

apples to apples would be same weight force induced 6.2 against same weight force induced ecoboost.

i don't understand why everyone wants to compare a turbo engine to a non force induction engine? and then leave out the weight difference on top of it???
and in the end, before it's over, I doubt the price difference would be that big a difference anyway

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
apples to apples would be same weight force induced 6.2 against same weight force induced ecoboost.

i don't understand why everyone wants to compare a turbo engine to a non force induction engine? and then leave out the weight difference on top of it???

Did you even read my post? The comparison I made is between similar F150 Crew Cabs, both NON Raptors! It was simply to show that with a level playing field the 6.2's performance is better.