Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

More Ecoboost Ford Raptor evidence for 2013?

Discussion in '2013 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)' started by BIRDMAN, Jan 14, 2012.

1. skyscraper

skyscraper FRF Addict

Lol, cut outs are for sound. You make it seem like it added an advantage.

2. Rakimb17

Rakimb17 Full Access Member

Your right cleave. But you have to admit that this ecoboost isn't as weak as some of you make it out to be. I think turbo guys are gonna have a blast tweaking it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. Wilson

Wilson FRF Addict

EB are great but why not EB a 6.2?

4. Cleave

Cleave FRF Addict

It's a great engine, probably one of the strongest v-6s on the planet, but I wouldn't want one to go in the raptor to replace the 6.2, which if ford added it to the raptor engine lineup then they would drop the 6.2 fairly quickly, 80% of raptor sales would most likely become ecoboost sales, and only 2,000 6.2s being sold a year would very quickly convince ford to drop the engine, even though I may never build the 6.2L the way they did in the old days, it's nice to know that if I wanted to I could and it would be the meanest thing on the street

5. Rakimb17

Rakimb17 Full Access Member

It would be interesting to see how soon sales shifted to ecoboost. But has SVT ever built a v6? If they did, I would expect a significant power bump. They wouldn't let the raptor have the same powers numbers as the Taurus would they? I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a boosted 5.0 pretty soon.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

6. ARH1956

ARH1956 Full Access Member

SVT has used Inline 4, V-6 and V-8 engines.

7. ISFast

ISFast FRF Addict

I just asked him and he gets 15mpg. So that's slightly better than a stock raptor.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Any just for the record both had cutouts not just the 6.2.

8. Dan OKeeffe

Dan OKeeffe Member

Thanks for gathering that data point. I always wondered what mpg's a built EB would produce. This confirms the raptor is a better choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Hockster

Hockster My 45ft Bluewater Party Supporting Member

It will be much better when its built from the factory.

10. Timgco

Timgco Full Access Member

As a comparison with my Raptor on 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers and my buddy's EB with a BDS 4" lift and Toyo AT II 35's:

We both drive stop/ go on our daily commutes with some hwy. Keep in mind we are at 5280 here in Denver, so it makes a little difference.

Our driving styles are pretty close. I get 11.8 to 12.2 daily when I'm not driving conservative. He is getting the same fuel eco as me.

Off the line he's quicker until about 45-50. After that the Raptor is right there and than pulls.

No engine or tuning mods. ...except where I dumped my exhaust over the rear axle.

Once we both tune them though, we can do a better comp.

He's looking to tune, exhaust, and intake. That should wake that truck up pretty good.

FWIW, I like the 6.2. If I had a choice between the two motors, I would still take the 6.2 though. If the EB was the only option and performance gains were better in every way over the 6.2, I would be Ok with it. It just doesn't sound as good imho.