More Ecoboost Ford Raptor evidence for 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are still trying to compare a forced induction engine to a non force induction engine.
you're asking a smaller engine to do a lot more work, the weight alone of a raptor, once again is 1000lbs heavier than an ecoboost is currently hauling, which would put even more strain on a smaller block with more boost

apples to apples would be same weight force induced 6.2 against same weight force induced ecoboost.

i don't understand why everyone wants to compare a turbo engine to a non force induction engine? and then leave out the weight difference on top of it???
and in the end, before it's over, I doubt the price difference would be that big a difference anyway

The whole point of turbos is to do more with less. (Displacement) The only way your argument makes sense would be to compare a stock 6.2 to a Twin Turbo 6.2. You absolutely should compare a Forced Induction V6 to a Na V8. It was made to make V8 power!!! Turbo 4bangers should be compared to V6 engines and so on. Thats the whole point. Make similar power to a bigger less efficient engine.

wvaboy

Reaction score
Did you even read my post? The comparison I made is between similar F150 Crew Cabs, both NON Raptors! It was simply to show that with a level playing field the 6.2's performance is better.

i did, and i agree with trying to compare the same frame but my answer/question for both the above posts, if you're going to force induce the smaller engine, you can do the same to the bigger engine and make even more power.
A smaller engine pulling more weight is probably not the answer, not to mention the long haul maintenance on turbos to start with

Quick call to dealership confirms what I said pages ago.
It's more expensive for the 3.5 ecoboost than it is for the 6.2......thousandS more. if force induction is what you desire, take the extra money put it in a force induction on the bigger engine????duh

More with less???? Well you're definitely paying more for less!!!
Only import guys would even try to make an argument out of this

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

on second thought, maybe we should call GM and tell them to put a twin turbo 4cyl or turbo v6 in a vette.......AND the engine price is more expensive than the v8........

yeah, that makes sense

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We cant compare the power output of the engines, but we can compare cost? Most twin turbo engines will cost more than a NA engine. Now I will say that ford cost for that engine is ridiculous. What is it? 17 grand for an ecoboost? I can't tell you why they think its worth that. But its probably got something to do with their cost of adding a new engine to the fleet. I would think the price will go down as it becomes more popular.
But I still say the the eco has wayyyyyy more more HP potential.

Dan OKeeffe

Reaction score
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f52/...kers-diff-covers-front-rear-20820/index4.html

Ok so for an update to the 5.13s put in with the 37 tires....

Got a chance to run a eco boost Screw FX4 F-150 that is running raptor OEM tires, leveling kit maybe minor lift, tuner by 5star, intake, 4.10 gears, and an exhaust cutout as well. This is my buddies truck and really wanted a raptor but couldn't get him talked into it.

So for my truck to make it fair: Scab, no aftermarket intake just a K&N drop in filter, exhaust cutout, 5star tune, 5.13s, 37 Nitto Mud grapplers on DS methods (122+ lbs per), and a 80 lbs front bumper with boatecs on top perch.

Now this is a closed road just FYI for people who want to preach:

Did a single run from a dead stop to 80+ mph.... Looked down after we let off and it was 85 at that time. Both trucks had the A/C on and a single window down, Both tunes at 87 performance, all nannies on with 2wd open rear only, tanks roughly same amount as far as Gallons in the tanks.

So here is how it went:

When we both came off the line mine was almost a full truck a head. His front bumper was almost to my rear bumper. At 40 mph we were almost dead even and by the time we hit 80-90 ish He was about his truck length a head and now my front bumper was even with his rear axle.

Just wanted to inform people about how a couple mods and different strokes for people do. He had lighter tires, intake, no bumper, and not as high or wide as my raptor. I had a shorter cab and lower gears.

Was he surprised.... SHIT he was PISSed his EB didn't just chew me up especially with the 37s. This is a pretty good test of how a set of gears really gets these monsters moving.

How is your buddies mpg's with the ecoboost with 35" tires, lift and gears. I imagine it's only slightly better than a stock raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvaboy

Reaction score
But I still say the the eco has wayyyyyy more more HP potential.

no, you think it does.
it only has more hp potential until a power adder and goodies is added to the 6.2

if 4cyl and 6cyl were the way to go, mustangs and corvettes would have made the switch eons ago......instead, what are they doing? Adding superchargers to the bigger motors........just like i stated pages ago

again
it costs more, less hp, potential for long term big problems
what's the benefit again?

sounds like obamacare all over again.lmao

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to talk about what's been done right in the car world let's not use Ford and GM as our examples.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

wvaboy

Reaction score
still didn't answer the question
again
it costs more, less hp, potential for long term big problems
what's the benefit again?

AND

it's going in a 7000lb truck.....not something half or less the weight

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the engine out of the truck and put it on a stand. If you aren't going to mod. Just get a lazy v8.
For a person that's going to tune and add a bigger downpipe. The eb will blow the doors off of a similar modded 6.2 until you supercharge the 6.2.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

wvaboy

Reaction score
The eb will blow the doors off of a similar modded 6.2 until you supercharge the 6.2.

UNTIL YOU SUPERCHARGE THE 6.2......I've been saying it for pages
and
It wouldn't blow the doors off a 6.2 plus. there is already evidence of this from other owner and the v6 would be getting close to it's max.....

again, you're leaving out the fact it will need to haul an extra 1000lbs.

If forced induction is the way you're destined to go, do it on the 6.2......not a v6 for God's sake

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UNTIL YOU SUPERCHARGE THE 6.2......I've been saying it for pages
and
It wouldn't blow the doors off a 6.2 plus. there is already evidence of this from other owner and the v6 would be getting close to it's max.....

again, you're leaving out the fact it will need to haul an extra 1000lbs.

If forced induction is the way you're destined to go, do it on the 6.2......not a v6 for God's sake

You're killin me son,
Cost: If it were a factory option, I'm sure the 6.2 would cost more because ford knows they can con people like you into paying more for it. We have no idea what ford would charge as a factory option.

We have dyno charts that show that the STOCK EB has more torque than a STOCK 6.2. The EB is factory tuned for efficiency. A little can tune will probably add 100hp and 100 Ft lbs. Compare to maybe 40 and 40 from a 6.2 tume. Just a tune and we're talking at least 400ft lbs of torque to the ground on EB. Whats a Roush put to the ground? 450? 470 torque? And you're done there. You can still throw bigger turbos and exhaust on the EB. 500hp and torque to the ground on an EB is pretty reasonable.
I could care less about the 1000 lbs. That's for mpg and track times. I care about the power output of the engine. And the engine with two turbos usually wins that argument.