Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

More Ecoboost Ford Raptor evidence for 2013?

Discussion in '2013 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)' started by BIRDMAN, Jan 14, 2012.

1. BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN Birdministrator Staff Member Admin

[​IMG]

Ford’s unveiling of the Fusion took center stage, so Ford trucks were scarce. (We assume they bring in the Super Dutys for consumer days.) In fact, we found only two pickup trucks in the entire display: one Raptor on lift display and an F-150 with a huge Motor Trend Truck of the Year Award in the bed. Interestingly, the Raptor lift had a kiosk where attendees (journalists and consumers) could cast a vote as to which engine is more appealing in the Raptor: the EcoBoost or V-8. No doubt Ford is collecting data to see if there is a business case for putting the smaller V-6 in the Raptor. We’re guessing Ford will figure out it could sell plenty of Raptors with the twin-turbo V-6. And the fact that Ford is asking the question leads us to believe it has already decided. Anyone recognize the gentleman at the far right?

2012 NAIAS: Coverage Closeout - PickupTrucks.com News

2. svtippy

svtippy Full Access Member

when i first ordered my truck i would of loved the EcoBoost in it but the more and more i think about it the less i like the idea i just not no if i can handle hearing the turbos spooled up trying to move this heavy truck i would also make the argument that svt is all about performance so it needs the v8 but i hear the v6 great acceleration and its lighter

3. MagicMtnDan

MagicMtnDan FRF Addict

The best performing truck in Ford's F-150 lineup is reportedly the one with the EcoBoost motor. Even better than the 6.2 in terms of 0-60.

4. Nick@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

They'd have to make the Ecoboost sound a lot less wimpy for me to consider it.

5. 6.2

6.2 Banned

I dunno, I'd rather see the 5.0 tuned up a tad and dropped in their.

6. BOJANGLES

BOJANGLES <span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp Supporting Member

I'm gonna change your username to "EcoBoost" once this thing comes out. :evillol:

My brother would like to buy an EcoBoost Rap, I think I'll stick with the V8.

mg24k likes this.
  7. Hockster

Hockster My 45ft Bluewater Party Supporting Member

Not I... If the eco-boost come out im going for one... You can change my name to eco-boost>6.2 if ya want LOL

8. BOJANGLES

BOJANGLES <span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp Supporting Member

Nah, you're the perennial Hockster.

There is definitely enough interest in the market to justify an EcoBoost Raptor.
    I think Ford would be wise to offer that engine in the Rap, they'd sell.

9. Hockster

Hockster My 45ft Bluewater Party Supporting Member

That looks like Mike Lavine the guy at the far right...

10. BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN Birdministrator Staff Member Admin

If they launch a 2013 EB Raptor, count me in. I would have to imagine that Ford leaves some power on the table in the current platform... so if they did put it in the Rap, I would think we will see higher power #'s.