Mods required to run 37"s on SVT Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the fender liners necessary offroad? I would hate all those wires to hang down that mount on them, as well as have all that dirt/water fly up in the engine bay.

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the fender liners necessary offroad? I would hate all those wires to hang down that mount on them, as well as have all that dirt/water fly up in the engine bay.

Both excellent reasons to have them and why I'm making some.

OP
OP
B

BlackReef

Reaction score
So it sounds like just getting a set of Stewart Front Fenders, and a Top Perch is all that needs to be done to clear 37"s at full lock/bump? In other words, is there hammering/fab required to clear the 37"s even with the Stewart Fenders?

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So it sounds like just getting a set of Stewart Front Fenders, and a Top Perch is all that needs to be done to clear 37"s at full lock/bump? In other words, is there hammering/fab required to clear the 37"s even with the Stewart Fenders?

It all depends on what rims you have.

OP
OP
B

BlackReef

Reaction score
I have Glassworks Unlimited... RaceCo is fabbing up some tins that I will bolt up to them to replace the fender liners

Would be nice to be able to run stock fenders and still clear 37"s. I just dont think the fit/finish of aftermarket glass in anywhere near factory.

BTW - does the ECU auto-compensate for the speed-correction? Or do you need to flash? (when running 37"s)?

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would be nice to be able to run stock fenders and still clear 37"s. I just dont think the fit/finish of aftermarket glass in anywhere near factory.

BTW - does the ECU auto-compensate for the speed-correction? Or do you need to flash? (when running 37"s)?

We are installing fiberglass right now. It definitely doesn't have the fit or finish of stock, but can get fairly close. We will post more pics as we get closer to completion.

No, it does not auto correct...which means your gas mileage will look worse than it actually is as well.

gotSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My speedo was 4 mph slow at 70 with the stock BFGs as measured my my Lowrance GPS. It is now about 2.5 mph fast with the Nitto 37s. It is actually closer with no adjustment!?

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

In other words, is there hammering/fab required to clear the 37"s even with the Stewart Fenders?

Yes, you must clearance the firewall/pinch weld if you plan on leaving the pavement. Same thing on the rear pinch weld over the back tire.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I used an SCT tuner with a canned 87 oct tune. You set the number of revs per mile of the new tires and it adjusts the speedo and changes shifting accordingly so the tranny doesn't hunt for gears. WOrks great so far!