Mods required to run 37"s on SVT Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BlackReef

Reaction score
Top perch, remove fender liner, hammer pinch weld in front fender wells flat, hammer the pinch weld in the rear fender wells flat also. RPG has done quite a few trucks with the combo you want. I'd suggest getting in touch with Jarrett over there.

So this would be the way to go if you want to keep the stock fenders eh?

What would have to be done to run 37x12.50s and keep the fender liners?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I just realized re-reading my post that I forgot to mention that you would put the liners back in after hammering, lol. My bad!

OP
OP
B

BlackReef

Reaction score
I just realized re-reading my post that I forgot to mention that you would put the liners back in after hammering, lol. My bad!

lol nice.

Well that doesn't sound too bad. Top-Perch, and hammer (or grind off?) the pinch welds in the front wheel wells and the rear, and your good to go?

For the rims, will 17x10 work, or does it have to be a 17x9? Id imagine you have to have a specific backspacing of the rim as well.

Id be stoked if I could run 37x12.50s and never worry about rubbing even at full bump/lock, and still have a factory-like ride, fit & finish. On top of that, if I get the speed calibrated and the MPG readings correct, good to go.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This man speaks truth. We are cutting every several inches and then flattening.

Yeah exactly. "relief cuts" as gotSVT called them in his YouTube video.

I did grind down the sharp corners just to drive it home after a late night of working on the truck, didn't want to contact those corners on speedbumps and trash new tires... but i kept the grinding minimal.

Removing the whole pinch weld would be a no-no

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346390606.115760.jpg

OP
OP
B

BlackReef

Reaction score
Yeah exactly. "relief cuts" as gotSVT called them in his YouTube video.

I did grind down the sharp corners just to drive it home after a late night of working on the truck, didn't want to contact those corners on speedbumps and trash new tires... but i kept the grinding minimal.

Removing the whole pinch weld would be a no-no

View attachment 11114

Ok thanks for clarifying.

So just to confirm, there is no rubbing at full bump/lock with 37"s as long as you have the pinch welds flattened and you are on the top perch? (assuming you have the correct backspacing on the 17x9 rims)

Thanks for your patience guys

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for clarifying.

So just to confirm, there is no rubbing at full bump/lock with 37"s as long as you have the pinch welds flattened and you are on the top perch? (assuming you have the correct backspacing on the 17x9 rims)

Thanks for your patience guys

Add in notching out some firewall and you should be good.