Minor issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddy00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any issues setting a new code on the door keypad? I looked up the factory code on the card and it will unlock the door but will not accept that code through the radio to add another code, so it says to insert the 2 keys to to verify the factory code, it comes up with a totally different number that will also unlock the door but will not work through the radio to program a new code.

Other issue is the seek button on the steering wheel does not work right, you are supposed to be able to hold it to seek to next radio station but most times it bounces back to the same radio channel or switches preset like I just pushed it . ( my 2013 did the same thing)

Anyone else have any similar issues?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you insert the two keys to verify the factory code?

If I try and seek I use the button on the dash. I could never figure out the steering wheel one. I just use that one for switching presets.

OP
OP
M

muddy00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you insert the two keys to verify the factory code?

If I try and seek I use the button on the dash. I could never figure out the steering wheel one. I just use that one for switching presets.

Yep the code that comes up with the keys is different then what's on the card.

Guess it's a trip to the dealer

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, the steering wheel controls only control the presets. i find it annoying too. the door keycode can not be changed. you can add to it, but the factory code will always be there. to add a new passcode,

1) enter existing 5 digit code
2) within 5 seconds press button 1/2
3)enter new 5 digit code
4) press button 1/2
5) try it to make sure it works

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried steps 1 - 5 a couple times tonight. I still couldn't change my code. Must be a glitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk