2023 Forscan Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laramie1pt8t

Reaction score
We were getting a security key failure when programming the APIM. The status bar would hang at 50% and stop. Another piece of information is one of the HCM lines, I forget which one, was already done for me. I looked at it 5 times and it matched the spreadsheet so I skipped it. Same for you CFmistry?

OP
OP
C

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We were getting a security key failure when programming the APIM. The status bar would hang at 50% and stop. Another piece of information is one of the HCM lines, I forget which one, was already done for me. I looked at it 5 times and it matched the spreadsheet so I skipped it. Same for you CFmistry?
The failure at 50% when programming the APIM is exactly the problem I was having. The new (Beta) version of Forscan fixed it completely - everything worked liked clockwork.

I can’t remember if I already had the same HCM code; but don’t let they bother you. It may be one line of code you already had right and is very specific to your truck.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're getting the security key issue, make sure you are not using a saved profile. Seems there are some bugs in the newer forscan. Loading without a saved profile seems to fix the issue. May have to close forscan then reopen and select no saved profile.

laramie1pt8t

Reaction score
If you're getting the security key issue, make sure you are not using a saved profile. Seems there are some bugs in the newer forscan. Loading without a saved profile seems to fix the issue. May have to close forscan then reopen and select no saved profile.
That's what I thought too but it didn't fix my issue, I tried that a few times and gave up. I also tried changing one line at a time on a grouped module, still didn't work. This is the error but the Beta version worked flawlessly.

Attachments

• 20230624_082618.jpg
    20230624_082618.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 30

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what I thought too but it didn't fix my issue, I tried that a few times and gave up. I also tried changing one line at a time on a grouped module, still didn't work. This is the error but the Beta version worked flawlessly.
I was talking to anyone else that may have the issue. Make sure you're not using an existing profile. If you are not and still get the error it’s worth sending the logs. I’ve had this pop up a few times and running a new scan fixed it.

flockofraptors

Reaction score
Thank you!

I have a late March 2023 blend and was having the security key issue, but this fix worked for me.

After I got stuck, I shutdown everything and tried again but making sure not to select my prior profile.

Forscan version x54 worked fine for me. Glare free is worth it!

BatFRaptor

Reaction score
Started with messing with Forscan on my 2023 Raptor (3/2023 build). Been able to do a lot of changes, but had a few issues I can't work around:

1. "Enable Cameras at Speed" everything was already set to what Livinitup recommends (from the factory), yet no forward camera at speed.

2. "Glare Free" I am unable to edit the APIM codes no matter what I do. It freezes at 0-50% and the error code I get is "Gain security access failed - security key is wrong."

Any ideas if these features are just unavailable on my truck?

Thanks! Cyrus
Hello, I have a 2023 Raptor and I did the Heated Steering wheel add, and for some reason I some how bricked the HVAC, it no longer shows power or does anything. I don't know how to get it back.

Do you think you or someone can help me

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2023 Raptor and I did the Heated Steering wheel add, and for some reason I some how bricked the HVAC, it no longer shows power or does anything. I don't know how to get it back.

Do you think you or someone can help me
You are gonna have to be a bit more specific if you’re wanting help. If you fried the module forscan isn’t gonna save you. Hopefully you disconnected power before connecting and disconnecting modules.