GEN 1 Morimoto issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bsbuggs

Reaction score
Guys

I have searched and read quite a few threads on issues with the 2020/2021 headlights. I have a set from this year and have been experiencing some crazy issues ALL of a sudden on my Gen 1.

Have had the lights in for a few months DRL is on... yesterday I noticed that the pass-side headlight was ON with the truck off .. the light switch inside was off ... I pulled the battery cable hoping to reset whatever was wrong.. no good.

I pulled the 20a fuse that is for the HID and the lights went off--- I guess I can run with the 20a fuse not in the bank but this sem very weird that all of a sudden this occurs..

Has anyone else experienced this/
Any issues with running without the 20a fuse?

jp4lsu

Reaction score
That is strange indeed. If the headlight switch is off then there shouldn't be any power going to the headlight. Sure the turn signal and DRL would still have power.
I would not run anything without the fuse.
So what if you removed the DRL wire from the fuse box?
When I installed my Morimotos, I didn't run the DRL wire to the fuse box.
Another thing is maybe pull the plugs off and check the pins on the connectors. Morimoto used some flimsy pins and I had to straighten mine on install after seeing the dim wouldn't work but the brights would. Make sure the pins are perfectly straight.

You might pull the lights off and swap sides and see if the issue follows the light.
Good Luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter