Transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattattack

Reaction score
Hey fellas,I have a 2011 raptor with 162k on it
Before it warms up the engine stutters in 1st the eventually stops but will hold first for a while before hitting 2nd then 3rd.Will not move to 4th and so on.
No slippage and tranny temp is normal

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw someone else posted almost the same exact scenario . Some one replied about a lead frame(?) being replaced…. Maybe??? I know nothing unfortunately, don’t remember title of post, sorry.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks,transmission shops say I need a new tranny
A "new" 6r80 isn't available. The best price in my area for a reputable shop to rebuild mine on a walk in/walk out basis was $2500. Drive in/drive out was another $1000. He claimed he has some kinda hookup for new leadframes. We shall see. If you've got some time or another vehicle you could have the local jiffylube pull a small sample for Blackstone Laboratories or another legit testing facility. I think they get $35 for a detailed analysis and they've got plenty of data on these transmissions. They found lots of metals in mine which lead to me doing the removal because the truck was already getting deferred maintenance completed.