GEN 1 Feels like transmission going into neutral while driving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris antrup

Reaction score
So about a week ago I had a battery (yellow top) start to mess up on me. Replaced it with a new one and my truck has been giving me issues ever since. Put on a scanner and the o2 sensors came up. Replaced them and the truck ran fine. Now I’m having transmission issues. While driving it feels like it goes into neutral, and sometimes it drops gear randomly throwing the rpm’s up. Anybody ever felt with this before?

The codes showing now are p2610, p1674, and u0401-20
Secondary DTCs are p163E and p2610

I’m not sure if buying a new PCM will solve this. Being the 2010 first gen issues cause other issues. I also haven’t done the fuse 27 relocation kit.

OP
OP
C

Chris antrup

Reaction score
Did you do the reset after the battery install?
by leaving it disconnected for over 5 mins? I installed the new battery, drove it home and disconnected it for well over an hour. Still the same issues. I’m honestly at a lost with it. The trans only has roughly 110,000 on it

Last edited:

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read this one

OP
OP
C

Chris antrup

Reaction score
Alternator and battery are good. It’s just when I drive. Like today it cut off twice when I was completely stopped. Driving on the highway it started to go crazy and the blue wrench popped up. I turned it off and managed to start it up while go 60mph. Shortly after t that it’s like it stalls for a split second and then catches. Then it’ll drop like it’s going in neutral. If I let go of the gas pedal it resets itself pretty fast, if not it revs the crap out of itself.