Code: P0365 - Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit (Bank 1) and FORScan Use

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd share my first check engine light event and how it was resolved. I have a 2019 801A SCREW with 36,750 miles. The only issue I've ever had was the cam phaser rattle that was resolved under warranty. I haven't had any other issues at all. Well last week my check engine light illuminated. As far as I could tell, the truck was running just as well as it ever has. I couldn't tell that there was any issue going on with the engine.

I reached out to @melvimbe to see if he might have the FORScan adapter (OBDLink EX) before I went out and purchased one for myself. And sure enough he came through as he always seems to when I need a hand. So then I started researching how to use FORScan as a diagnostic reader. I downloaded FORScan to my laptop and @melvimbe came over yesterday. I plugged in the adapter and ran the software and read that the PCM module had Code: P0365 - Camshaft Position Sensor 'B' Circuit (Bank 1). That didn't sound like an easy problem and fix. We were hoping maybe it was possibly just a sensor going bad and not a real issue.

So my first thought for starting the resolution was to post this error code on FRF and see if anyone else had this experience. Well when I posted the title for the thread, FRF gave me a few threads that might be similar. One that looked like it could be similar was: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...nder-backfires-and-camshaft-position-b.94062/. While his issues were much worse, he was getting the same code as me, along with a bunch of others. But in reading through that thread, I saw that @FordTechOne had mentioned that having a low oil level can throw the code I was experiencing. I thought wait, it couldn't be as simple as having a low oil level.

Well my Raptor does consume it's share of oil. I've noticed that when I've changed the oil, it seems to be less than what I would think should be in there. Sure enough, I checked the oil level this morning and it was low. I added about 1.5 quarts and drove it around a bit. The check engine light was gone and it hasn't reappeared!! :banana-mario:

So maybe I was lucky and that is all it was. I'll keep monitoring the issue and see if it reoccurs. If it reoccurs with the proper oil level, I'll be sure to add some more post to that effect. But hopefully this helps someone else that might experience the same issue.

Well now that I have FORScan and the adapter, I figure I might as well play around with some of the configuration settings I've read so much about on FRF. I'll post some of the things I decided to change.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a service bulletin for oil consumption. It’s a software update and possible valve cover replacement depending on build date.

OP
OP
Gerald

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a service bulletin for oil consumption. It’s a software update and possible valve cover replacement depending on build date.
My door jamb decal shows the build date as May 2019. I don't have any oil on my driveway, so I don't think there is a leak. So when you say possible valve cover replacement, that sounds like there could be a leak in the valve cover gasket. If that is the case, I would think that I'd likely see some oil on the ground. Is that the case? Does my build date fall within the TSB?
Thanks for your help!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My door jamb decal shows the build date as May 2019. I don't have any oil on my driveway, so I don't think there is a leak. So when you say possible valve cover replacement, that sounds like there could be a leak in the valve cover gasket. If that is the case, I would think that I'd likely see some oil on the ground. Is that the case? Does my build date fall within the TSB?
Thanks for your help!
The PCV system is integrated with the valve covers. It wasn’t an external oil leak issue; the earlier valve covers were not allowing proper PCV flow. Since your build date was 05/19, you already have the updated valve covers, so you just need the PCM calibration update.

OP
OP
Gerald

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PCV system is integrated with the valve covers. It wasn’t an external oil leak issue; the earlier valve covers were not allowing proper PCV flow. Since your build date was 05/19, you already have the updated valve covers, so you just need the PCM calibration update.
Thanks!!