MFT clock issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My MFT is having a few weird issues. The most annoying of which is that the clock is wrong quite often of late. I will start the truck and it will display the time it was when I turned the truck off. It will not change for a random amount of time then it will jump to the correct time. Now it doesn't stay current either. It will be right for a while then randomly stick with the same time for up to a half hour. Other issues are mostly just odd things like the white screen that pops up when you get in and have not put the key in will pop off and on seemingly at random. Any ideas? I will take it to the dealer soon but, I am concerned the problem will be blamed on my NavTv that was installed months ago. I don't know if it had anything to do with it but once they find it I bet they blame the problems on the aftermarket item.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you tried to reset the trucks computers? just unplug the radio or disconnect the battery for a while. i usually turn on the headlight switch when i disconnect the battery. it helps dissapate power left over in caps and what not. maybe leave it disconnected for about 20-30 minutes.

OP
OP
Labraptor

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have not tried that yet. Maybe I will give it a shot tonight. Thanks

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Hi Labraptor

My truck has the exact same clock problem that you describe above, did disconnecting the battery and resetting the computer cure this ?

Thanks

Dougie

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
Labraptor

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Clock issue was resolved after a visit to the dealer. While they had the truck they did an update.

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me, unfortunately no Raptor dealers over here so need to fix it myself ... will disconnect the battery and do the re-learn start up procedure and hope for the best !!!

Dougie

no1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Dougie from Scotland if you need help with your truck there is one forum member here who lives in Germany that have ford licensed tool and can help you. He is able to help you without truck. contact him if you still need help @Auto-Hentzschel or [email protected]
He has helped me a lot and can't say nothing but good about him!

Reaction score
Hi Jan

Thanks for your message, I will contact the guy in Germany today !!! I really appreciate your help. thanks again .... Dougie

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

Hi jan

I just emailed your contact in Germany, I will let you know how I get on. My email address is [email protected] it would be good to know yours just in case I cannot reach you via the forum

thanks

Dougie