Markup hell?!?! Just me???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BPandoli

Reaction score
NEW 2017 Raptor AVAILABLE

Hi everyone!!! I'm Bethany and I'm a sales professional at an awesome Ford dealership in Greenfield, IN. We currently have a new 2017 Raptor available for purchase at $5k over MSRP. It just came off the truck and it's BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm so excited. If anyone is interested, please contact me. It probably won't be here long! You're also welcome to pass along this info.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at El Cajon Ford yesterday getting an air filter for the GT500, salesman tried really hard to get me to trade my 14 Screw for one of the six 2017 Raptors they had on the lot. $96,000 plus tax/title/lic = No thanks!
I kindly explained that I had 30K in mods and still have less money invested than one of his "limited edition" Raptors....

That's my local dealership too! Everyday on the way to the gym, I see 6 remaining raptors just sitting there...But they would have you think they are flying off the shelves at that price...Lol

I've gotten to the point where I will pay 3k over, but still no takers...

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!! I'm Bethany and I'm a sales professional at an awesome Ford dealership in Greenfield, IN. We currently have a new 2017 Raptor available for purchase at $5k over MSRP. It just came off the truck and it's BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm so excited. If anyone is interested, please contact me. It probably won't be here long! You're also welcome to pass along this info.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM

6d7a80236c56785059d676a981155127.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPandoli

Reaction score
Aren't you a pleasant person, Azholley. (And yeah, I got it.) My dealership just got one in, about 3 hours ago. All I was simply doing was putting it out there that we have one for 5k over. Not forcing anyone to buy, but mentioning we do have one available. Thank you for your reply, I'm sure that makes you feel good about yourself. Have a great day!

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't you a pleasant person, Azholley. (And yeah, I got it.) My dealership just got one in, about 3 hours ago. All I was simply doing was putting it out there that we have one for 5k over. Not forcing anyone to buy, but mentioning we do have one available. Thank you for your reply, I'm sure that makes you feel good about yourself. Have a great day!

Oh snap! Say hi to John Trischler for me. I like his videos, Ray Skillman Ford. Massive Roush dealership.

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He was just stating irony in how you post your new raptor for sale with a mark up when this thread is just bashing that markup and how ridiculous it is to buy this truck at ridiculous prices. Plus the link that you were told to post was a gag. You shouldn't really have posted on here.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score

You should probably find a for sale thread to put your advertisement on. Not the thread specifically made for people complaining about ADM.

BPandoli

Reaction score
Oh snap! Say hi to John Trischler for me. I like his videos, Ray Skillman Ford. Massive Roush dealership.

I'd be happy to say hi for you, except I'm not at Skillman. I'm at Inskeep Ford. Pretty sure I've heard about Ray before and from what I've heard, he's a great guy!

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

You should probably find a for sale thread to put your advertisement on. Not the thread specifically made for people complaining about ADM.

I'd can respect that. However, from what I've heard, many dealers are at $10k over MSRP and one of the first posts I read in this thread was $30k over????? Plus I got a recommendation to post in this thread.
Thanks though!

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be happy to say hi for you, except I'm not at Skillman. I'm at Inskeep Ford. Pretty sure I've heard about Ray before and from what I've heard, he's a great guy!

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

I'd can respect that. However, from what I've heard, many dealers are at $10k over MSRP and one of the first posts I read in this thread was $30k over????? Plus I got a recommendation to post in this thread.
Thanks though!

Lol, there I go, getting things wrong. This is a tough crowd. I would move your post and create a new thread on the general section main page. Likely someone will buy it.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Lol, there I go, getting things wrong. This is a tough crowd. I would move your post and create a new thread on the general section main page. Likely someone will buy it.

I confused Greenwood and Greenfield.

Address: 1250 US-31, Greenwood, IN 46143
Hours: Open today · 9AM–9PM
Phone: (317) 885-9800

BPandoli

Reaction score

I appreciate the advice and will definitely do so with the next one we get in, pretty sure this one was just sold. Thanks for your help!