Markup hell?!?! Just me???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PAW RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jimxyz, someone posted in another thread (the advice thread I believe) that Grody just sold a bunch of Raptors at markup to a number of Padre players so that's what you're competing against.

Also, many times they don't necessarily want/need to sell the Raptor. Because it is a vehicle that draws people into the dealership. At our local small town dealer, they have a GT Supercar. Sure it's for sale, but they aren't actively going out of their way. It's a showpiece just like many of the Raptors at these dealerships since they likely won't be getting anymore until MY 2018s come out if they've used up their allocations.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Three 2017 Raptors priced at MSRP in OH

I live near the Dearborn Plant, could not find a truck in the area that was not drastically marked up. Ran a search on Autotrader, found four Raptors, identically equipped at Donley Ford in Ashland OH, drove two hours and purchased a black crew screw for $59K. They have one black and two white Raptors left. Plus the 2011 Raptor I traded in!!! Could not believe I found any dealer willing to sell at MSRP, but its true. Just search their website, they are advertising MSRP and standing by it. Very easy to deal with too.

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jimxyz, someone posted in another thread (the advice thread I believe) that Grody just sold a bunch of Raptors at markup to a number of Padre players so that's what you're competing against.

Also, many times they don't necessarily want/need to sell the Raptor. Because it is a vehicle that draws people into the dealership. At our local small town dealer, they have a GT Supercar. Sure it's for sale, but they aren't actively going out of their way. It's a showpiece just like many of the Raptors at these dealerships since they likely won't be getting anymore until MY 2018s come out if they've used up their allocations.

You have a local dealer with a NEW 2018 Ford GT in stock? Seriously???

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one for you guys!!! This somewhat local dealer by me sold a loaded black screw for $5k adm at $74k the guy brought it back with 551 miles and now it's for sale again at the discounted price of wait for it.....................74k!

I have given up on 17 Raptor with all the issues so built a 17 Grand Sport and it's TPW is 4/3/17.

I'll keep my 14 especially seeing how awful the black paint is on the 17. Looks so cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jimxyz

Reaction score

Well, that explains it... haha oh well.
I want that GT by the way - wow!

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I got my bonus and was (until yesterday) ready to purchase a 2017 Raptor. Went to Autonation Ford in Littleton, CO. As soon as I got out of my truck, I was pounced upon by a salesman named Mark who asked if I had worked with anyone at that dealership before. I replied "no" and he asked me what brought me into the dealership. I told him that I was definitely buying a Raptor, wasn't considering any other vehicle but wasn't willing to pay over MSRP. He said they were selling for $10k over MSRP and I said, that's fine but it's not what I am paying. He asked if he could "open one up for me" so I could get in. I said yes and he disappeared. Five minutes later a salesman named Abraham approached me. I told him that I had already talked to Mark. He said that Mark sent him out to work with me. I said ok can you open it up for me, to which he replied that he didn't have the keys. Sensing that they weren't taking me seriously (maybe because I had my 10-year old son with me?), I said can I test drive a Raptor. He said they don't allow test drives. I said who pays $75k for a truck they can't test drive? He said that Raptors are special and people that want them don't need to test drive them. As he was saying that, a 2017 Ruby Red Raptor (which has been sitting on the lot for over 30 days now) pulled up right next to us and a gentleman and his wife got out of the front seats and a salesman got out from the back. I asked the gentleman and his wife if they had test driven the truck to which he replied "yes". I looked at Abraham (the salesman who wouldn't let me test drive) and he practically ran back inside without saying a word. Thinking that perhaps Abraham was going to get the keys, I waited around chatting with the guy and his wife about Raptors in general. After 5-10 minutes I began to suspect that Abraham wasn't coming back. Then a third salesman came out and said that I couldn't test drive a Raptor because the eventual buyer doesn't want any mileage on them. At that point, I concluded that these guys for whatever reason had no interest in my business.

Just thought I would relay the story of what I consider to be the worst customer service experience I have ever encountered. I also think some of these dealers are really jeopardizing the Ford brand with their condescending sales tactics.

That's ****** up no other way to explain it I would be livid but probably do what you did and leave that situation and place is not worth your time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PAW RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GT was only built (before the newest ones) in the 2005 and 2006 model years.

I don't know much about them other than the sticker shock I saw. It was red with white racing stripes. I will try to post a pic tomorrow when I get home. I know I have one when the manager let my oldest get his picture taken sitting in it. Otherwise they normally have a rope around it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc