GEN 2 Just found an old "Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power" warning... how much do I care?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braptorin

Reaction score
I don't really use the mobile app very much and I opened it for the first time in a few months to remotely check my fuel level just now only to discover a few month old message "Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power."

I didn't notice anything wrong at the time. I looked in my calendar and see that I was doing a local trip ~1.5mi from my house where I rarely exceed even 35mph, so "street queen driving at the time."

I have no continued or extended warning lights or I'd have done something about it. I have *not* noticed many false-positive errors with my truck or any other Ford for that matter... generally when there's an error it's real as far as I've seen... but maybe not this time? Anyway, my gut feeling is this was a fluke hundreds or thousands of driving miles ago that doesn't actually matter. Any reason to think otherwise?

IMG_3843.PNG

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It probably lost comms with a sensor for a minute. If it didn’t come back I’d ignore it comfortably.