GEN 2 at ~350 miles, multiple warnings / CEL, limp mode - back at dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Asdjonasd

Reaction score
Unfortunately, first post is regarding issues with my Raptor.

Purpose of posting - share with you all + share any developments made since I have found nothing on these specific error codes in this forum or others.

Please share your experience if any similar stories.

Purchased White 2019 Raptor with 802A 08-08-2019. Build date 04-24-19.

Shortly after buying Raptor I left country for a bit which is why I only have 350 miles w/30 days of ownership.

Around 250 miles (8-15-19) while driving normal on freeway, complete power loss and FordPass warnings:
  1. Malfunction Indicator Lamp - Regulatory
  2. Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power
  3. Forward Collision Warning
Continued on my way - slowly - another 20 miles. Turned car back on hour later all gone.

Next day while pulling down drive way truck stalled and same thing. 2ND Time. Reboot, limp mode for couple days then went away.

All good. Drives great. Zero issues for over a week.

Then again on 8-26-19. 3RD time. Same warnings.

Made appointment with dealer and bought a code reader to see what was actually happening since they could not see me until after Labor Day. The codes were:
  1. P0335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit
  2. P061C - Internal Control Module Engine RPM Performance
  3. P1336 - Crankshaft/Camshaft Sensor Range/Performance
  4. P2ABE
  5. P2ABD
Dropped off at dealer 9-3. Been 2 days. Will post updates as they / if they come.

Thanks for reading.

2019-08-25 11.03.22.jpg 2019-08-25 11.03.25.jpg 2019-08-25 11.03.39.jpg 2019-08-25 11.03.45.jpg 2019-08-25 11.03.47.jpg

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My hunch is that it has something to do with the crankshaft. :)
I hope you didn't erase the codes. Best of luck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Around 250 miles (8-15-19) while driving normal on freeway, complete power loss and FordPass warnings:
  1. Malfunction Indicator Lamp - Regulatory
  2. Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power
  3. Forward Collision Warning

This symptom pattern is familiar.
Did you, or have you ever checked the engine oil? a bunch of us on here have had this pattern, and never checked the oil; it was found low, either delivered that way and made it through the dealer PDI or it was using oil at a terrible rate. The thing is, if oil wasn’t checked at the dealer when purchasing, there’s no way to know for sure.

The crank position error sounds ominous though.

OP
OP
A

Asdjonasd

Reaction score
RE: clear errors: Dealer received vehicle with all it's glorious errors.

RE: Oil - no, I did not even think to check the oil. However will relay that to dealer, thanks. BUT was watching Oil pressure + temp gauges the entire time and switching to trans temp -all normal.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
RE: clear errors: Dealer received vehicle with all it's glorious errors.

RE: Oil - no, I did not even think to check the oil. However will relay that to dealer, thanks. BUT was watching Oil pressure + temp gauges the entire time and switching to trans temp -all normal.
watching with what?

The instrument cluster oil gauge is a prettied up idiot gauge that does not actually relate to actual oil pressure.

Good Luck with the repair, hopefully something simple and quickly rectified.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a bummer. Too new of a truck to be dealing with that. Good luck and use that warranty. If it turns out to be a lemon get a low mileage Gen 1 with the 6.2.

OP
OP
A

Asdjonasd

Reaction score
watching with what?

The instrument cluster oil gauge is a prettied up idiot gauge that does not actually relate to actual oil pressure.

Good Luck with the repair, hopefully something simple and quickly rectified.

Interesting. Out of curiosity have you viewed an ODB computer + onboard gauges side-by-side to compare?

I did notice the Ford tire pressure sensor was off by about 4 lbs after using 2 separate handheld readers.

moonjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents: I had dreaded rattle at star up drove it like that for awhile then check engine light regulatory malfunction. Service is fixing but said that a chain guide was broken and causing cam to wander out of timing and back ect. So maybe you have this strange thing really early? I have 11300 miles

OP
OP
A

Asdjonasd

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents: I had dreaded rattle at star up drove it like that for awhile then check engine light regulatory malfunction. Service is fixing but said that a chain guide was broken and causing cam to wander out of timing and back ect. So maybe you have this strange thing really early? I have 11300 miles

Thanks for the feedback moonjim.

Your issues appear to be different. When my warning lights were NOT on, the truck sounded and drove perfect in various different settings (sport on tarmac / Baja mode on rough off-road).

When lights were on, there was just no power. Turbos 'turned off'.