Markup hell?!?! Just me???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sford150

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just looking for some input. So I just called my local ford dealership and set up an appointment for me to order my new Raptor. And while I was on the phone with him he was great; was very helpful. He told me that his dealership had an allocation of two of the trucks and because it was only me and one other guy in my area looking to buy them. After we set up a date and I told him what I was pretty sure I wanted on it I asked him if they would be asking at MSRP and if there was going to be a markup at all and he told me there wasn't because not that many people were interested in the truck in my area. Anyway I got off the phone very excited I was going to be getting the Raptor at a good price. Much to my surprise he called back a few minutes later and the whole story had changed! He said he had just talked to his general manager and all of the sudden there was only an allocation of one truck. And instead of the $2k original deposit i was going to put down (btw that I could then put towards the trucks price when I order it) there was now a $5k markup and I would quote "if I wanted one have to put down a considerable deposit; like the whole $5k to get an order" anyway guys I'm sorry I just feel like I'm getting ****** around. My questions are:
1. Anybody else who ordered did you pay a markup?
2. If so how much?
3. Do you know of any Dealerships in the Northeast Reigon (VT, NY, NH, ME, MA, RH, DE, etc.) that are selling at MSRP.
P.s. I'm willing to travel up to 250 miles from my town. (Barre, VT. 05641)

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just looking for some input. So I just called my local ford dealership and set up an appointment for me to order my new Raptor. And while I was on the phone with him he was great; was very helpful. He told me that his dealership had an allocation of two of the trucks and because it was only me and one other guy in my area looking to buy them. After we set up a date and I told him what I was pretty sure I wanted on it I asked him if they would be asking at MSRP and if there was going to be a markup at all and he told me there wasn't because not that many people were interested in the truck in my area. Anyway I got off the phone very excited I was going to be getting the Raptor at a good price. Much to my surprise he called back a few minutes later and the whole story had changed! He said he had just talked to his general manager and all of the sudden there was only an allocation of one truck. And instead of the $2k original deposit i was going to put down (btw that I could then put towards the trucks price when I order it) there was now a $5k markup and I would quote "if I wanted one have to put down a considerable deposit; like the whole $5k to get an order" anyway guys I'm sorry I just feel like I'm getting ****** around. My questions are:
2. If so how much?
3. Do you know of any Dealerships in the Northeast Reigon (VT, NY, NH, ME, MA, RH, DE, etc.) that are selling at MSRP.

Sounds like this guy skipped the sales meeting where the GM told all the sales reps that they were going to take this course of action.

Chucksrapta

Reaction score
2. If so how much?

5K over MSRP isn't a bad deal. My dealer quoted me 30K over MSRP. Ive been working them down a bit. I think I can probably get them to 10k over. He said they're supposed to get one of the first trucks in October so I don't mind paying extra.

D

Deleted member 12951

What a dealer going back on their word and changing the whole deal to better benefit themselves on a raptor that hasn't even started to be built yet?

Nah, nobody here has ever heard of such a thing. I mean there isn't even a thread on FRF anywhere where anyone is paying more than MSRP, or close to invoice, or without ADM or a dealer changing the deal and refunding deposits. Yep must just be you.

Now granted, I didn't use the search feature so I am not really sure though....

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

Sford150

Reaction score
What a dealer going back on their word and changing the whole deal to better benefit themselves on a raptor that hasn't even started to be built yet?

Nah, nobody here has ever heard of such a thing. I mean there isn't even a thread on FRF anywhere where anyone is paying more than MSRP, or close to invoice, or without ADM or a dealer changing the deal and refunding deposits. Yep must just be you.

Now granted, I didn't use the search feature so I am not really sure though....
Thanks for sarcasm. No I'm serious, thanks

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

There is no need to pay over sticker for this truck. Just find another dealer. Buy it somewhere else, then take your new truck back to them and tell them how well you did.

What I'm doing. I'm going to spend the weekend calling dealerships

Svtcrew

Reaction score
5K over MSRP isn't a bad deal. My dealer quoted me 30K over MSRP. Ive been working them down a bit. I think I can probably get them to 10k over. He said they're supposed to get one of the first trucks in October so I don't mind paying extra.

You're getting screwed. So many people are getting the trucks for MSRP or less. Don't let a dealer get you like that. "They're supposed to get one of the first trucks" - what does one of the first mean? That could mean 100 other dealers are getting trucks the same week. A dealer will say anything to get your cash.

mahabali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you should be able to find MSRP, even if that means jumping on a plane to pick it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc