Markup hell?!?! Just me???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I do - Markup City USA. I replied to their online ad for a truck, which had the sticker price listed - and they basically said add $25k to that price (GT350 was $10k over and the Focus ST was $5k over). I passed and since then have had about 15 phone calls, emails and txt messages from them.

I got my '13 new for sticker (from another dealer) and even then I felt like I left money on the table. I can't help but think that whoever is paying those steep premiums is going to get killed on the depreciation.

Dead money. They'll never get it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do - Markup City USA. I replied to their online ad for a truck, which had the sticker price listed - and they basically said add $25k to that price (GT350 was $10k over and the Focus ST was $5k over). I passed and since then have had about 15 phone calls, emails and txt messages from them.
I got my '13 new for sticker (from another dealer) and even then I felt like I left money on the table. I can't help but think that whoever is paying those steep premiums is going to get killed on the depreciation.

they will for sure , not a prayer anyone who paid over msrp will ever see a dime of it back

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
California has the most markup by far. I was curious because i heard the new raptors weren't svt, so i swung by a dealership on my way home. Checked their website to make sure they had one and they did... For 91k!!! so now i had to go, because I've never seen a gold plated raptor!
Lol what a joke
Fwiw it was fully loaded with 14k in extras
e6a146c8058aff704cb8014910a0d28c.jpg
94e30d47433365fdb4cc4b658706c5d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Castrol27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, my dealer now has 7 Raptors on the lot...they keep buying them from other dealerships and marking them up....they want 30k Adm for each....most have been sitting there at least a month, so hopefully they lose money on this and learn their lesson... I'm all for free markets, but this is straight greed...

I was at El Cajon Ford yesterday getting an air filter for the GT500, salesman tried really hard to get me to trade my 14 Screw for one of the six 2017 Raptors they had on the lot. $96,000 plus tax/title/lic = No thanks!
I kindly explained that I had 30K in mods and still have less money invested than one of his "limited edition" Raptors....

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I was at El Cajon Ford yesterday getting an air filter for the GT500, salesman tried really hard to get me to trade my 14 Screw for one of the six 2017 Raptors they had on the lot. $96,000 plus tax/title/lic = No thanks!

I kindly explained that I had 30K in mods and still have less money invested than one of his "limited edition" Raptors....

Lmao but just for you they'll do 95k plus tax title license. But only for YOU make sure you don't tell your friends about the hookup

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was trying to slang the GT350 at some dealer today in OC...at a dealer that will remain nameless...Hunt___ton Beach Ford...and the dude said I could have one today for the special price of $25,000 over sticker rather than $30,000 over. I offered him 5000 for ***** and giggles and he said no and kept trying to tell me why I should pay $25,000 ADM. seriously?!? I'm not even mad at the dealer, I'm sad there are so many people willing to pay that much over for an F150. You know how many goodies I can buy for my wife to make her forget about the truck for that price?

but that is part of the whole sales game. they want you to "think" there are "so many other" people out there willing to pay that price. but there aren't. there are a few slobbering fools, but they are already done buying (for the most part). ford stealerships are just incredibly stubborn and will do anything to continue to drive home this fantasy that people are lining up to buy these things at ridiculous prices.

dealerships aren't willing to join this century where we (the consumer) have vasts amount of knowledge at our fingertips to make educated decisions. they still want to believe they can pull the wool over our eyes and get us to believe anything they say.

yes, it will take time for the mark-ups to come down, but they will. they did with the gt500, they are with the gt350...how long, maybe a year or two. if you are lucky, less.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc