Markup hell?!?! Just me???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^No, it was the Shadow Black one. I guess that sold 2 days after the Ruby Red one did. And the "Blue" one you're referring to is actually Avalanche. They just had the wrong pic posted on their listing. That's the one I'm buying.

Anyway, the local dealers are really a bunch of bozos, aren't they? I've heard the Fairbanks dealers were taking orders at MSRP a while back. But I know they also want $5k for anything off the lot, but all their truck are currently sold.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw, the sales weasel put my deposit down on the wrong truck and left the one I wanted up for sale on their website. I just caught that and called the sales manager.

Sales weasel was NOT happy when he had to call me yesterday. "Umm...I guess you had my bosses boss call my boss or something...."

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I bit the bullet.....sick of waiting for my 3+ month old "order" to be picked up by Ford to be built.....at this pace I'm probably still months away from any possible delivery....Gene Latta Ford had a truck with my minimum options and only thing I don't like or want is the stickers but those I can take off easily.....It's also a reasonable distance away.....$2500 over MSRP (say what you want) which is a decent deal at this point in the game.....they took my truck at a fair trade sight unseen and going to have someone drive the 3.5 hours to swap it out next Saturday....I hate to pay over sticker but honestly looking for a truck and talking to dealers has become exhausting (many know what I mean).....

Ford_zpsbsupd9bz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Well I bit the bullet.....sick of waiting for my 3+ month old "order" to be picked up by Ford to be built.....at this pace I'm probably still months away from any possible delivery....Gen Latta Ford had a truck with my minimum options and only thing I don't like or want is the stickers but those I can take off easily.....$2500 over MSRP (say what you want) which is a decent deal at this point in the game.....they took my truck at a fair trade sight unseen and going to have someone drive the 3.5 hours to swap it out next Saturday....I hate to pay over sticker but honestly looking for a truck and talking to dealers has become exhausting (many know what I mean).....

Nice truck and good find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...only thing I don't like or want is the stickers but those I can take off easily

So this is news to me. I assumed the stickers were somewhat permanent. If they're removed is there any sign they were there? What's a good way to remove? I absolutely hate them and have been avoiding listings that matched exactly except for this.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the hood graphics, but the Raptor name above the wheel well is just cheesy. But can't you usually just take that sort of thing off after warming it up with a hairdryer?

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is news to me. I assumed the stickers were somewhat permanent. If they're removed is there any sign they were there? What's a good way to remove? I absolutely hate them and have been avoiding listings that matched exactly except for this.

I'm assuming they are like other vehicle "stickers". A good hair dryer and slow pull and they come right off....I had a Dodge Daytona with graphics and they peeled right off. No residue or any sign they were there. I would be shocked if these weren't the same....for me it's a waste of $1000 but oh well....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I immediately peeled the RUBICON stickers off of my last Jeep. Although I think that will actually cost me money in the long run when it comes time to sell it.

nukemustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming they are like other vehicle "stickers". A good hair dryer and slow pull and they come right off....I had a Dodge Daytona with graphics and they peeled right off. No residue or any sign they were there. I would be shocked if these weren't the same....for me it's a waste of $1000 but oh well....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the same thoughts.... I cant quite bring myself to "peel away" a grand.... but maybe after the first payment it won't sting so much!!

Congrats on finding one too!!

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They should not leave any sign they were there. I actually removed them off of my '11 after a few beers and it baking in the Texas heat for a few hours. I kept them on my '14. There will most likely be a little residue that some goo gone and wax should take care of.