Lovin the Platinum Console Pad, now the door armrests?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AZEngineer

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing this, but it might be better off to get a custom upholstery shop to do it and some other pieces in the truck with matching blue stitching (blue accent interior) and a good amount of foam for padding. The price on the parts seems high so I think an upholstery place would be fairly comparable, probably a little bit more.

The Raptor console cover would be easy for someone to recover. The panel over the gauges maybe, but the stock one is all molded so adding material might keep it from fitting. I would like to have the door arm rests covered but I don't know that the switch panels would fit.

OP
OP
AZEngineer

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought of something. Does the key lock on the old lid have to come off to be put on the new one?

Yes you do. The pad and the inside plastic separate with like 8 torx screws. The lock is inside this plastic part. I just swapped the inside plastic portion between the two lids. Took like 5 min.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought a slip over 2" memory foam pad with a charcoal suede cover for my center console. It's far more comfortable to rest my arm on sitting up a bit......15.00. Amazon.com

FilthyRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive really been wanting to upgrade the interior and the truck in general but I really haven't even driven it in the past 2 months.

$270 for a f150 interior piece is absolutely absurd.
Im sure you could get it custom wrapped for less than 200.

Looks great tho. and the doors need it very badly.

I wonder what an entire interior as in door panels, arm rests, all dash trim pieces to replace the grey plastic of a platinum just don't swap the seats would cost. Hell even swap the seats do an entire change to platinum or king ranch

ctozzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great, but for almost $ 300.00 I'm gonna do a custom one with Raptor or something on it. Thanks for sharing though