Dometic CCF-T Center Console Fridge Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allenilly3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the truck is off, I’m assuming the fridge is off too. How long does the coolness last with the truck parked? Can I store stuff in it for a day or two?
The console plug turns off with the car but I do think it’s delayed a bit. I’m going to test the temps this weekend and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up one of these. Whoever said its "non-essential" must not make trips to Baja! This is the PERFECT thing to have in the truck during the baja 1000. You always have cold drinks for you and your crew ready.

I also have a large ARB fridge, we also bring it, but it takes up so much space, we put it in one of the 1 ton chase trucks.

This one gets cold VERY fast and works perfectly.

It does suck loosing the console space. I have to find a new spot for JPX pepper gun and Portable VHF.

--John

OP
OP
MAMiller44

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I’m unable to edit the second post for my long term review, so here are a few more points to keep in mind:
- Overall, I still love this thing. Definitely the reliability you expect from the Dometic name.
- Cost: The final price seems to have settled around $600 so I don’t think you can really consider it a delta anymore. Many guys on here were able to snag one for $500 with discount codes, including myself. (see next bullet)
- Dometic customer service is on point. While they have been difficult to get a hold of working remote with covid, they did price correct my original purchase to the discounted amount.
- Cooling: Now that we’re into the Florida summer weather, this thing is especially useful. While it doesn’t keep things inside cold when the truck is baking in the sun all day, it does meet my expectations of preventing things from melting, then cooling the contents right back down after about 20 minutes.
- Vibration: This is Something I didn’t realize at first, it doesn’t bother me but heads up for others. When the compressor is running it does vibrate a little. If you’re at a stoplight and you’re resting your elbow on the center console you’ll notice it. Again, doesn’t bother me whatsoever but I did notice it after a week or so of use.

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I’m unable to edit the second post for my long term review, so here are a few more points to keep in mind:
- Overall, I still love this thing. Definitely the reliability you expect from the Dometic name.
- Cost: The final price seems to have settled around $600 so I don’t think you can really consider it a delta anymore. Many guys on here were able to snag one for $500 with discount codes, including myself. (see next bullet)
- Dometic customer service is on point. While they have been difficult to get a hold of working remote with covid, they did price correct my original purchase to the discounted amount.
- Cooling: Now that we’re into the Florida summer weather, this thing is especially useful. While it doesn’t keep things inside cold when the truck is baking in the sun all day, it does meet my expectations of preventing things from melting, then cooling the contents right back down after about 20 minutes.
- Vibration: This is Something I didn’t realize at first, it doesn’t bother me but heads up for others. When the compressor is running it does vibrate a little. If you’re at a stoplight and you’re resting your elbow on the center console you’ll notice it. Again, doesn’t bother me whatsoever but I did notice it after a week or so of use.

Nice review. I'm planning to order a Dometic fridge also.

Gotti006

Reaction score
Installed mine today and purchased after reading the op’s excellent review. I’ll add one more thing, while opening up the console and digging in for a bottle of water, be weary of your funny bone racking the console lid

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those who want to run the fridge for longer, you can use Forscan to change the amount of time the power ports stay active on the truck. I am waiting on mine to arrive for my Tremor, so I will make the Forscan mod after it is installed. The maximum allowed is 7200 seconds for the Power Point Timeout. (2 hours)

@allenilly3
@Lilla Kharn

EDIT: It looks the maximum value is 8 hours, not 2 like I thought originally.

Last edited:

sandman_kw

Reaction score
F089C1AD-E358-4D52-A543-450BC9F89029.jpeg
Clean easy install...thanks @MAMiller44 for bringing this to my attention.

Attachments

• 75FFCE34-8FE5-4B80-B9C1-FE80C8D5A55D.jpeg
    75FFCE34-8FE5-4B80-B9C1-FE80C8D5A55D.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 207C7500-6500-4C13-B81B-F0E8D5014A85.jpeg
    207C7500-6500-4C13-B81B-F0E8D5014A85.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 22
  • F91CEE8D-BFAA-4691-A397-99B29FF37C50.jpeg
    F91CEE8D-BFAA-4691-A397-99B29FF37C50.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 22
  • ECA48019-87BF-45FB-9569-D8127FD1E361.jpeg
    ECA48019-87BF-45FB-9569-D8127FD1E361.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 22

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The max is longer than the two hours I thought previously.

Here is the Power Point Timeout value that needs to be changed in Forscan: (28800 seconds = 8 hours)

forscan-power-point-time-out-8-hours-jpg.25003

I have the dual batteries and dual alternators on my 6.7L Diesel Tremor, so running a small fridge for 8 hours should not be a problem.