Dometic CCF-T Center Console Fridge Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the truck is off, I’m assuming the fridge is off too. How long does the coolness last with the truck parked? Can I store stuff in it for a day or two?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This looks pretty good, but I'm doubtful I would get a ton of use out of it, considering how I use my truck on a daily basis. How much time does it take to remove/install if you only want to use it on weekend trips, or something of that nature?

Also wondering if would be possible to put in the back seat somewhere, to preserve the console space.

OP
OP
MAMiller44

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks pretty good, but I'm doubtful I would get a ton of use out of it, considering how I use my truck on a daily basis. How much time does it take to remove/install if you only want to use it on weekend trips, or something of that nature?

Also wondering if would be possible to put in the back seat somewhere, to preserve the console space.

kinda defeats the purpose, just get a bigger standalone Dometic fridge for less cost if you plan to take it in and out of the back seat.

Whaler27

Reaction score
Thanks for the great write-up. I was inspired and tried to order one, but Dometic didn’t like my address. I reentered it four times and the site still refused to process my order. There was no place for the discount code either. I took this failure as a sign that I didn’t really need a cool fridge in the Raptor.

I had a similar experience. I completed the form twice, but it wouldn’t go to the next screen for checkout. Maybe they are having IT issues, but my impulse passed. I found a cheap electric fridge on Amazon. We’ll see if the reviews were right and it holds up.

allenilly3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. I said that, then did a little research on fridge options. Backwards.
I own a few of those too. They are not cheaper, but they are bigger. Bigger also means lost bed or cab space, which may or may not be a problem.

I will still use a portable fridge as needed, but I don’t plan on leaving one in the bed like I did before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allenilly3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a similar experience. I completed the form twice, but it wouldn’t go to the next screen for checkout. Maybe they are having IT issues, but my impulse passed. I found a cheap electric fridge on Amazon. We’ll see if the reviews were right and it holds up.
If you don’t need the cab space, this is not a bad option. I have kids so this wasn’t really possible for me without putting it in the bed. And when I did put it in the bed, it stayed in the bed because I’m lazy and had FOMO that I might not have it when I need it. It’s crazy, but I’m just being honest.

I saw Costco has some 12v fridges online for like $250, which is super cheap compared to the price of a Dometic or ARB and you get that forever return policy.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw Costco has some 12v fridges online for like $250, which is super cheap compared to the price of a Dometic or ARB and you get that forever return policy.

I saw some 20 QT fridges that run off 12v or 110 AC off Amazon for around $200...with good reviews. My truck very rarely has more than 3 people in it, so I do have room on the rear floor for this to sit permanently. I actually have a storage box sitting there most of the time. I really wouldn't need a fridge on a regular basis, but it would be nice to use instead of a cooler when I do. The option to use off 110 AC would be nice too for the back yard, or to get the fridge cold before getting on the road.

allenilly3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw some 20 QT fridges that run off 12v or 110 AC off Amazon for around $200...with good reviews. My truck very rarely has more than 3 people in it, so I do have room on the rear floor for this to sit permanently. I actually have a storage box sitting there most of the time. I really wouldn't need a fridge on a regular basis, but it would be nice to use instead of a cooler when I do. The option to use off 110 AC would be nice too for the back yard, or to get the fridge cold before getting on the road.
Yup!