Pieced together a carbon fiber interior package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digscruze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you install the eBay door pieces? They look like it’s meant to be applied with double sided tape rather than through disassembly of the door.
How are the pieces holding up so far?

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone’s looking for the carbon fiber cover from eBay I have it (purchased the 3 pieces but only needed the two drivers side pieces. )

$125.00

OP
OP
metaphysician

metaphysician

Reaction score
How did you install the eBay door pieces? They look like it’s meant to be applied with double sided tape rather than through disassembly of the door.
How are the pieces holding up so far?
Yes, they are meant to adhere to the existing door panel insert. I thought about taking the doors apart to fit them like CalPonyParts but the Chinese inserts aren't thick enough to mount screws or tabs. I decided to just try adhering them as intended and it looks pretty good and sits virtually flush with the chrome bezel around the OEM insert. Holding up well so far. No issues with the adhesive strips.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If anyone’s looking for the carbon fiber cover from eBay I have it (purchased the 3 pieces but only needed the two drivers side pieces. )

$125.00
From what you posted before it looks like a good match up to OEM. Is this eBay part a stick on?

Sweetlou1182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I acquired a 2019 SCAB the other month that had all the options I wanted, minus the carbon fiber package. I knew I could add the CF with OEM parts, aftermarket, or a combination.

I wanted the OEM CF shifter and Sync media door since those pieces are front and center and needed to be perfect. I ordered the shifter from Tasca. I found a Sync media door off eBay for $260 (OEM parts are $500-700) that was listed as technically NIB, but had a film or residue on the CF and needed a polish. I am good with polishing and decided to roll the dice. I had it looking perfect and brand new within a few minutes.

Now the hard part... the door panel inserts and dashboard/glove box trim. The CF door panel inserts are not replaceable and if you want OEM, you have to replace the entire door panel. I have a SCAB and only needed 2 door panels, but this option still would've been almost $2K. The OEM dashboard trim is over $500, which is crazy for a small flat piece. I found Cal Pony Parts' CF interior package, but it included a CF overlay for the media door that I didn't need and was almost $1K itself.

I started thinking about CF film/wrap, but knew I wouldn't be happy with fake CF. Overlay pieces would be fine, but they needed to be real CF - can't fake that 3D effect. I decided to roll the dice again on some real CF pieces from eBay in China. I bought from the seller "jogonese" but I believe "joycechoice4car" is the same seller. Their pictures are the same (different watermarks) and prices and inventory fluctuate.

Shipping only took 9 business days and included tracking. The door inserts were $293 and dashboard trim $215. This was still expensive but half the cost of the next best option (Cal Pony Parts). The dashboard trim also included 2 little CF pieces to go on either side of the steering column. This isn't part of the OEM design but it provides a nice continuity that Ford probably should've done! The pieces are ~2mm thick and look amazing - the weave, gloss, etc - all really high quality. Exactly as pictured in the eBay listings.

All in - parts were $1050...pretty close to the original option package of $995! I'm really happy with the results. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Ebay CF door inserts: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pc-Car-Interior-Door-Handle-Panel-Trim-For-Ford-F150-2015-2020-Real-Dry-Carbon/184485147179?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Ebay CF dash trim: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Side-Console-Dashboard-Decor-Cover-Trim-For-Ford-F150-F-150-Raptor-2015-2020/184485112990?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

View attachment 165137

View attachment 165141
View attachment 165140
View attachment 165139
View attachment 165145
looks great. I also wanna do similar! Thanks for the info

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just checking in. How has the stick on pieces from eBay held up? In tact working out well? I want to finish off this upgrade as well. Just need the 4 door and glove box pieces.

If anyone has any spare pieces still laying around they want to sell, I may be interested before getting them on ebay or elsewhere.

OP
OP
metaphysician

metaphysician

Reaction score
Just checking in. How has the stick on pieces from eBay held up? In tact working out well? I want to finish off this upgrade as well. Just need the 4 door and glove box pieces.

If anyone has any spare pieces still laying around they want to sell, I may be interested before getting them on ebay or elsewhere.

The stick-on pieces are holding up perfectly! Unfortunately, my truck is parked outside but the adhesive is still holding up after numerous heat/cool cycles.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just checking in. How has the stick on pieces from eBay held up? In tact working out well?
All these stick on pieces appear to use 3Ms double sided tape.

I have a bit of the fake CF pieces in my interior for over a year now, and one exterior piece. Everything holds up. If they ever do fail though, I have a spare roll of tape. Actually removed one of the pieces and it seems more likely the plastic would fail before tape. Didn't leave any glue residue to clean up either.