Dometic CCF-T Center Console Fridge Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, I did it. I bought arguably one of, if not the most unnecessary mod you could possibly buy for a Raptor...and you know what, I'm glad I did. For anyone actually entertaining buying this thing and dropping the $850-$900 (all-in with tax), here's my first impression reviews. I'll reserve the second post for longer term review after going through a Florida summer with it.

Here's a direct link to the product on Dometic's site: https://www.dometic.com/en-us/food-...tors/truck-refrigerators/dometic-ccf-t-256718

File_001.jpeg

The Brand: If you don't know Dometic, just give them a look. If you're on here you SHOULD already know about them. They're pretty much the undisputed leader in 12v refrigeration. They make some of the best 12v coolers for camping/overland, fridges for RVs/vans, and air conditioning units for the same. Are all of their items at the tippy top of the price range? Absolutely. But my opinion is that Dometic is truly one of those brands that stands by their product, and their name...so the price is worth it if the product is what you want.

Packaging: Disclaimer, I'm not to love a pretty box because in the end, I'm paying for it and throwing it in the recycling bin once I know I'm 100% holding on to the product. It's not like this is the type of thing somebody is just grabbing off the shelf in a store anyways. Anyways, if you are a fan of that, they spared no expense. Fully printed box with all the good info on it, and clearly a box for this specific product.

Now, I am a HUGE fan of good packaging. That being said, the packaging is exactly what you would expect for a premium product. Everything is packed tight with custom molded cardboard (I hate peanuts and Styrofoam), you're not going to lose anything while unboxing, all the parts are well protected, and instructions are front and center + super easy to read and navigate. They built the box right with the intent of it being shipped in only the product box and I 100% support that.

Install: Pretty easy and the instructions are super easy to follow. Heads up that you do need 3-1/2" hole saw to drill through the front of the center console for the fan to exhaust heat from the compressor. Dometic because as great as they are, include a very high quality plastic plug for this hole in case you want to remove the fridge in the future and go back to stock. Other than the hole saw, tools required are only a flat head and #2 Phillips screwdrivers. It should only take about 30 minutes but was about 60 for me because I wanted to remove the trim around the cup holders and shifter to make sure I vacuumed all the scraps out 100%.

You'll notice the INCREDIBLE attention to detail on Dometic's part during install. Here's a pic after the fan is installed. Just look at the custom high density foam inserts with adhesive already installed to hold the fridge tight in place. The only thing you need the flathead screwdriver for is to tighten the retaining clip that spins over the 12v plug. Why? To make sure it won't pop loose while off-roading. Genius! Then there's a few clips that hold the fridge down tight to the factory ridges that the coin tray slides on.

File_000.jpeg

Operation: Beyond simple, there's just one button. Hold for a second to turn it on, or hold for a second to turn it off. It has a built in battery monitor so no matter what, if voltage drops to 12.0v the fridge shuts off. This utilizes the 12v plug in the center console which is timed anyways. I think it's somewhere between 30 minutes and 75 minutes before that shuts off depending on your year.

Sound? It's super quiet. You'll only notice it if you're driving with no music, no air, windows up, under 40 on a smooth road.

Cooling? Incredibly fast. I'd guess it got to temperature in about 20 minutes of being on. And it definitely holds the temp very well. The lid is magnetized (btw I'm a big fan of anything that utilizes magnets well), so it has a perfect seal all around.

Size? It fits 12 regular sized cans. Two rows stacked, 3x2 on each row.

Final Thoughts: An outstanding product. Is it worth the price? For me, right off the bat I say yes. Personally, living in Florida you can't keep things like gum or Chapstick in your car pretty much from around April to October. Pumped that won't be an issue anymore for me anymore. I can also now keep a regular ass stick of deodorant in the truck as a backup rather than having to use spray on shit that smells almost as prepubescent as Axe Chocolate, circa Middle School 2003. Although I'm in project management, I do work in Construction Management and end up on jobsites quite often. I'll keep a gel pack in here during the summer to cool down quickly after a walk. The uses for me, in Florida, make it worth it.

I think the major downside for some is going to be that you lose most of your center console storage, you can put a phone or something else small on the little tray in front. For me, I got over that real quick when I looked around and realized the ungodly amount of storage our trucks have. This actually turned into a positive for me because the fridge is going to force me to have a home for everything in the doors, side center console slots, front center console storage, glove box, etc. I'm actually pumped for it because I already have ideas for things like making a Velcro strap mount for the winch controller in the passenger door for example. Now I do need new lockable storage for my gun, but I'm thinking of making a custom molded lid to the center console as it appears there's room under there. Next project? Yup!

Overall Plus/Delta:
+
Phenomenal Quality
+ Backed by a Reputable Company w/ Great Customer Service
+ Easy Install
+ Smart Programming w/ 12.0v Shutoff
+ Fit's Like a Glove - True Factory Look
+ Quiet Operation
+ Great Cooling
+ Built in Two (2) USB-A Ports
+ It's a fridge in your ******* center console, let's be honest it's just badass!
Δ Cost, yea it's expensive...but so was your truck.
Δ Lose 98% of Center Console Storage
Δ Wish the USB Ports were USB-C

* I don't think size is a plus or delta, that truly boils down to personal need/preference.

File_002.jpeg

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pumped that won't be an issue anymore for me anymore. I can also now keep a regular ass stick of deodorant in the truck as a backup rather than having to use spray on shit that smells almost as prepubescent as Axe Chocolate, circa Middle School 2003. Although I'm in project management, I do work in Construction Management and end up on jobsites quite often. I'll keep a gel pack in here during the summer to cool down quickly after a walk. The uses for me, in Florida, make it worth it.

What is this "ass stick" you speak of? Is that some sort of metrosexual thing? :Moon:

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how all reviews of products for our trucks should be written. (Minus the ass stick.)

While not my type of product, If I was even remotely considering this, your review has all the info anyone could really ever need to make a decision.

Thanks for the great run down.

That thing looks cool as hell too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is how all reviews of products for our trucks should be written. (Minus the ass stick.)

While not my type of product, If I was even remotely considering this, your review has all the info anyone could really ever need to make a decision.

Thanks for the great run down.

That thing looks cool as hell too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#Ass sticks matter!