GEN 2 [LISTEN] Presenting the AWE FG Exhaust Suite. Available now.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here's an interior video of the 1FG. It's pretty shaky but it's a lot harder to drive a film than I thought it'd be.

Aside from the echo caused by the surrounding buildings, it sounds solid, MC! Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Asking people if they like a sound is like asking if they prefer chocolate or vanilla icecream better. Some people will love the same sound that others hate.
It would be great for those of you who are hearing drone to share those videos. One man's drone could be another man's symphony.
These new videos sound awesome at cold start and flooring it. I did hear what I'd consider drone at the lower speed/rpm which would be typical at rush hour. But it was so brief at that speed it may just be my crappy phone speakers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There's a big difference between exhaust tone and drone from an exhaust. You're upgrading the exhaust path with bigger, straight-through flowing components. You're going to hear the truck's exhaust note more within the cabin.

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The background noise was louder than the exhaust in the video taken from the cab. Am i the only one that heard the wind noise

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a big difference between exhaust tone and drone from an exhaust. You're upgrading the exhaust path with bigger, straight-through flowing components. You're going to hear the truck's exhaust note more within the cabin.
Josh, my point is that what you may call tone others may be calling drone. Sound is completely subjective like taste.
Anyhow, it would be great if the folks who hear drone could capture that and others could judge for themselves.
Unfortunately 98% of driving is not cold starts and flooring it down a road....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You’re not hearing “drone” in any of the previously posted video in this discussion. You’re hearing sound, piped through either your phone, computer or sound system speakers, which really aren’t capable of reproducing the sound dampening and resonance characteristics of your Raptor’s cabin.

here’s a reasonable explanation from an internet search
https://itstillruns.com/fix-exhaust-drone-8080950.html

Exhaust drone is primarily the result of sound waves traveling through the air and vibration that is transferred through a vehicle's frame, body and components. Exhaust drone vibration may also be a result of sound frequency alignment between the engine and exhaust. When the frequencies are aligned, the result is a pressure wave between the engine and exhaust. Sound waves, transferred sound and sound frequency must be controlled to quiet the exhaust. Exhaust system modifications and the application of sound control material will reduce exhaust drone in your vehicle.

There may be other, more eloquent descriptions out there but this one isn’t just good; it’s good enough.

A change in tone generally doesn’t cause and is not “drone”. neither is a change in volume in and of itself. However, when you modify components of the engine exhaust you don’t just change one characteristic, you change numerous characteristics. Reasonable increases in exhaust volume or alteration of the audible tone generally isn’t enough to cause a ‘drone’. A good delineation between changed tone and drone is the former is just a change, the latter is fatiguing. That is to say, drone is bad for your hearing, will cause the onset of headaches, etc. just like an open pipe Hardly Ableson, or a riding mower with no muffler, etc.

it’s possible to introduce a drone with a frequency that mutes normal conversation. Like say, the 302W Mustang GT with flow masters. It was great for when I passed a Yankee Candle factory or craft shop and I could see her talking, but by the time she was able to shout over the drone, we were well past whatever store I really didn’t want to stop at anyway. So not all drone is bad ...:cool:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a m2 with the MPE (M Performance Exhaust) and the sound is glorious. The turbo straight six just screams. One of the best sounding 6 cylinder exhaust systems I have ever heard.

i have mine going in tomorrow. i will update with initial sound video and break in sound clips also
44314258600_02ccc2edd1_h.jpg

expect something like this i did with my M3