SPD Performance Down Pipes Gen 3 Raptor now available!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We at Hammer Performance have 5 sets of gen 3 Raptor SPD Downpipes currently available and ready to ship directly to you! We’re proud to have been able to work with SPD to ensure you get yours fast! The SPD downpipes are something we have long anticipated and know will be a favorite upgrade amongst the Raptor community. MSRP is at $2195.

Message me here on the forum or [email protected] for forum exclusive pricing!

From SPD:
After 2 years of designing, we are proud to release our 2021-2023 GEN3 Ford 3.5L Raptor Alpha Catted Downpipes. Our Industry first Alpha Cats provide ultra high flow while meeting green emission standards. Factory GEN3 Raptor downpipes are very restrictive because Ford reduces the diameter of their primary cats from 5.5" to 5". This reduction in diameter ( -5 square inches of surface area) causes much higher back pressure and EGTs. With SPD Alpha ultra high flow cats and larger 3" diameter mandrel bent tubing, you will improve throttle response, mileage and overall performance while reducing turbo lag and exhaust temperatures. Our turbo flanges are CNC laser cut 1/2" 304ss flanges and we TIG & MIG weld the downpipes for strength and durability. We designed in a 4" flex pipe to absorb shock from engine movement and chassis flex. Our downpipes do not require custom tuning and can be used as a factory downpipe replacement. Our catalytic convertors are made in the USA and are designed to be used in racing applications.

On all SPD Performance 304 stainless catted downpipes, you get:

• Increase in performance
  • Improved turbo spool time
  • Better fuel mileage
  • Direct turbo bolt-on design
  • NO CEL - Ultra High Flow 625Cell catalytic converters that do not cause check engine lights
  • 304 Stainless Steel 3" mandrel bent tubing
  • High grade v-band clamp for a solid seal and no leaks

IMG_3565.jpegIMG_3566.png

Last edited:

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We at Hammer Performance have 5 sets of gen 3 Raptor SPD Downpipes currently available and ready to ship directly to you! We’re proud to have been able to work with SPD to ensure you get yours fast! The SPD downpipes are something we have long anticipated and know will be a favorite upgrade amongst the Raptor community. MSRP is at $2195.

Message me here on the forum or [email protected] for forum exclusive pricing!

From SPD:
After 2 years of designing, we are proud to release our 2021-2023 GEN3 Ford 3.5L Raptor Alpha Catted Downpipes. Our Industry first Alpha Cats provide ultra high flow while meeting green emission standards. Factory GEN3 Raptor downpipes are very restrictive because Ford reduces the diameter of their primary cats from 5.5" to 5". This reduction in diameter ( -5 square inches of surface area) causes much higher back pressure and EGTs. With SPD Alpha ultra high flow cats and larger 3" diameter mandrel bent tubing, you will improve throttle response, mileage and overall performance while reducing turbo lag and exhaust temperatures. Our turbo flanges are CNC laser cut 1/2" 304ss flanges and we TIG & MIG weld the downpipes for strength and durability. We designed in a 4" flex pipe to absorb shock from engine movement and chassis flex. Our downpipes do not require custom tuning and can be used as a factory downpipe replacement. Our catalytic convertors are made in the USA and are designed to be used in racing applications.

On all SPD Performance 304 stainless catted downpipes, you get:

• Better fuel mileage
  • Direct turbo bolt-on design
  • NO CEL - Ultra High Flow 625Cell catalytic converters that do not cause check engine lights
  • 304 Stainless Steel 3" mandrel bent tubing
  • High grade v-band clamp for a solid seal and no leaks

View attachment 424245View attachment 424246
Do you have documented results for these claims?

• Better fuel mileage

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have documented results for these claims?

• Better fuel mileage
These are direct claims from SPD. On the gen 2 raptor we did notice improved turbo spool and better cooling which resulted in better, long term performance. First hand I cant quote fuel efficiency though as I dont highway drive my Raptors. I’ll get with SPD for direct data on them.

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Someone do a how to install thread, so I get the courage to do a driveway install.
Compared to the gen 2 its beyond easier. Theres no special tools or messing with the turbo studs.

Jack the truck up, remove skid plates, place a support jack on the transmission/xfer case, remove the cross bar, remove the down pipes, install the downpipes and connect the o2 sensors (drivers side can be a little tight), and put everything back together.

If you dont want to remove the cross member you can cut up the oem downpipes but we advise against that as its $3900 to replace at ford.

It can easily be installed in less than a 12 pack. We’ll have our video up here in the next two weeks or so on install.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are direct claims from SPD. On the gen 2 raptor we did notice improved turbo spool and better cooling which resulted in better, long term performance. First hand I cant quote fuel efficiency though as I dont highway drive my Raptors. I’ll get with SPD for direct data on them.
I understand. So essentailly a bunch of words and butt dynoing.

Thats not directed at you, just getting tired of companies claiming stuff, with nothing to back it up.