Let the problems begin (22' GEN3)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ta2punk

Reaction score
I've had my 22 since April. I have had the display unit reset a few times, were talking less than a handful since I have had it. I believe that is over the air updates being downloaded and applied. I also have a sunroof and I have had no leaks, no water coming through speakers. I did have my speakers completely go out one time when I was driving. Pulled over, turned off and restarted, everything was good and has been since. My truck is currently at the dealership though to possibly fix my automatic wipers not working when its raining. I also have the issue with the rear sliding glass rattling sometimes when listening music.

Gadgettt

Reaction score
22 gen 3 purchased in late April of this year. A few things have happen with her for sure:
-In Sport mode, pulling hard at around 60 truck would not shift and over revved pretty bad (lost all manhood)
-Red-light race with a Corvette, floored it. Good acceleration then rpm drop like it ran out of fuel then back to full ( Found man hood for a moment)
-Tailgate Pop really loud for a few days then went away ( Something broke inside me)
-Loud Gunshot sound ( literally the Wife and I ducked, Atlanta) never thought about it coming from the radio ( was not listening to gangster rap)
-Stereo used to reboot a lot at first ( 4 or five times) but has not in the past 3 months. ( not enough coffee)
-Rattle in the front of the door somewhere, I touch it, it stops. (OCD RAGE in rush hour )
-no two finger wave salute from gen 2 owners ( screw that dude and his gen 3 that I don't recognize)
-Paid 10k over and still feel stupid ( but she is a pretty lady)

Currently at around 10k miles and everything else is normal. Starts perfect every time, pulled a few trailers and a camper (30 footer) like it wasn't even there. Put a negative offset wheel on and now she's like an Indy car on the on ramp race to the apex! love the interior's spaceship feel over my Gen 1 and Gen 2, but I still prefer the look from the front of the Gen 2 the best. Have fun fellow Beast mode ford enthusiast.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
22 gen 3 purchased in late April of this year. A few things have happen with her for sure:
-In Sport mode, pulling hard at around 60 truck would not shift and over revved pretty bad (lost all manhood)
-Red-light race with a Corvette, floored it. Good acceleration then rpm drop like it ran out of fuel then back to full ( Found man hood for a moment)
It sounds like traction control intervened in both cases. Gen 2/3 have enough torque to break the rear tires loose even at highway speeds. When traction control activates, the first thing it does it cut power by decreasing throttle and dumping boost.
-Tailgate Pop really loud for a few days then went away ( Something broke inside me)
Ford released TSB 22-2327 to correct this issue by adjusting the tailgate torsion rod.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like traction control intervened in both cases. Gen 2/3 have enough torque to break the rear tires loose even at highway speeds. When traction control activates, the first thing it does it cut power by decreasing throttle and dumping boost.

Ford released TSB 22-2327 to correct this issue by adjusting the tailgate torsion rod.
They make enough torque to break loose the tires at highway speeds?! I would really love to see that. Maybe on a muddy road but on asphalt, find that hard to believe.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They make enough torque to break loose the tires at highway speeds?! I would really love to see that. Maybe on a muddy road but on asphalt, find that hard to believe.
I’ve gone wide open throttle to pass on the Highway and had traction control activate due to to rear tires breaking loose after the downshift.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe I am even saying this but the so called sub behind the rear seat that you can’t even hear is rattling the rear sliding window. Not even on big bass songs just some regular music and super annoying.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you actually throw a code for this? Or was it just running rough? I have a very slight rough idle at stop lights. Its either a vacuum leak or an plug/coil issue.
Yes it threw a code. Check engine was flashing and it was running rough. I knew it was just a coil when it did it. It sat there for ten days before they looked at it. I asked them to just tell me which cylinder it was I would buy the damn thing just to not loose the truck for two weeks, nope. Anyway I will take that as my “problem” all day. Love the truck otherwise.

AGS Raptor

Reaction score
My 2022 arrived in July with a dent in rear passenger side door. You could tell that it was in the door before painting. Had dealer pay a really good dent guy I know get it out and thankfully it looks perfect now. Other than that I’ve had no issues but only have 650 miles on mine.