Let the problems begin (22' GEN3)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddie B

Reaction score
22 gen 3 purchased in late April of this year. A few things have happen with her for sure:
-In Sport mode, pulling hard at around 60 truck would not shift and over revved pretty bad (lost all manhood)
-Red-light race with a Corvette, floored it. Good acceleration then rpm drop like it ran out of fuel then back to full ( Found man hood for a moment)
-Tailgate Pop really loud for a few days then went away ( Something broke inside me)
-Loud Gunshot sound ( literally the Wife and I ducked, Atlanta) never thought about it coming from the radio ( was not listening to gangster rap)
-Stereo used to reboot a lot at first ( 4 or five times) but has not in the past 3 months. ( not enough coffee)
-Rattle in the front of the door somewhere, I touch it, it stops. (OCD RAGE in rush hour )
-no two finger wave salute from gen 2 owners ( screw that dude and his gen 3 that I don't recognize)
-Paid 10k over and still feel stupid ( but she is a pretty lady)

Currently at around 10k miles and everything else is normal. Starts perfect every time, pulled a few trailers and a camper (30 footer) like it wasn't even there. Put a negative offset wheel on and now she's like an Indy car on the on ramp race to the apex! love the interior's spaceship feel over my Gen 1 and Gen 2, but I still prefer the look from the front of the Gen 2 the best. Have fun fellow Beast mode ford enthusiast.
Dude - I chased that front of door rattle for weeks and removed that switch trim countless times. As someone else on here recently posted, it's actually under the triangle shaped trim piece at the bottom front of the window. Pry that bitch off and put some hockey tape around where the clips go through. Damn deceptive rattle, but easy fix.

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude - I chased that front of door rattle for weeks and removed that switch trim countless times. As someone else on here recently posted, it's actually under the triangle shaped trim piece at the bottom front of the window. Pry that bitch off and put some hockey tape around where the clips go through. Damn deceptive rattle, but easy fix.
You are a saint. I’ve been chasing this tiny but annoying rattle for months. Going to unf*ck that today

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I lit out for the cabin, got in my truck and started it. Loud alarm so I quick turned it off efore the loud gunshot pop happened, like once before. Restarted and now 45 mins later still no sound out the radio. Turned on and off multiple times, no radio sound. I sloades on screen but the Sirius saved presets no longer have the emblem, just letters. Now I'm pissed. B&o unleashed the silence.

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 22 since April. I have had the display unit reset a few times, were talking less than a handful since I have had it. I believe that is over the air updates being downloaded and applied. I also have a sunroof and I have had no leaks, no water coming through speakers. I did have my speakers completely go out one time when I was driving. Pulled over, turned off and restarted, everything was good and has been since. My truck is currently at the dealership though to possibly fix my automatic wipers not working when its raining. I also have the issue with the rear sliding glass rattling sometimes when listening music.
Curious to see the result of the rain sensing wipers not working. I just ran across this last week and they weren’t working.

OP
OP
J

jajones45

Reaction score
Update***

Blocked drain tube attached to the sunroof (as many indicated as a potential issue).

Full reset and update to main headunit (seems to have solved the shutdown and reboot problem for now).

I will handle the yellow and rain spots (as others have done).

The dealer broke my passenger vanity mirror -_- time to get that fixed.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Gen3, 7500 miles, delivery back in March, has had no issues, thankfully.

My Gen4, V10, 900 hp, also perfect.

Gen 12, Raptor RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, 16,000 hp, now that's had a problem or two. 1 mpg. Other than that, I love it.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 22 since April. I have had the display unit reset a few times, were talking less than a handful since I have had it. I believe that is over the air updates being downloaded and applied. I also have a sunroof and I have had no leaks, no water coming through speakers. I did have my speakers completely go out one time when I was driving. Pulled over, turned off and restarted, everything was good and has been since. My truck is currently at the dealership though to possibly fix my automatic wipers not working when its raining. I also have the issue with the rear sliding glass rattling sometimes when listening music.
I also lost my rain sensing wipers....dealer is following Fords diagnostic steps and now they are waiting for a new wiper motor assembly to arrive. It's been over two months now and no part. I have seen on FRF that Ford is having problems with the wiper motor assembly and also problems sourcing replacements. My thoughts are how could it be the wiper motor when the wipers work fine in all other modes? The have already replaced a computer of some sort that required the steering column removal but I think they need to look elsewhere. Anyone have follow up information on rain sense failure?

eyim

Reaction score
700 miles and they already have to replace my driver side headlamp due to them being unable to find out why the amber turn signal keeps flickering.