Let the problems begin (22' GEN3)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bled656

Reaction score
Mine also had the yellow and water spots all over, ford was going to take care of it but i took it to a shop to get it all cleaned and ceramic coated, everything is gone! I do not trust fords paint shop, they ruined my las truck!

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine also had the yellow and water spots all over, ford was going to take care of it but i took it to a shop to get it all cleaned and ceramic coated, everything is gone! I do not trust fords paint shop, they ruined my las truck!
People don’t realize how bad rail dust is on paint. I’m surprised that dealers don’t do at least a cheap iron remover on PDI unless the owner asks for nothing to be done.

Water spots/swirls is why I tell the dealer not to touch the paint. When I bought the Lightning, I was out of the country for two weeks and they used it out front as a show pony. The salesman said the manager wanted them to wash it and asked several times but I made it clear to not touch the paint.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a coil go bad already. I knew what it was but still took the dealership 10 days to look at it, short staffing and all. Best part was ford apparently tells them to swap it another cylinder to see if it caused a code again. They ended up just replacing it. Like really for a sub $100 part. First real issue i have had. Truck has 13k on it and has been solid other than that.
Swap sounds like pretty standard diagnosis to rule out wiring. Usually the first thing I’ve done when I get a specific cylinder misfire code.

Rollie

Reaction score
So far my ‘22 has been great except for an extremely loud annoying rattle somewhere in the dash. If I have to tear this thing apart I will. It’s that annoying.

nealhoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a white g3 and the clear coat has actual debris in it. It was sitting at the plant on “chip hold” for 6 months so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was damaged at some point and then repainted.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had a coil go bad already. I knew what it was but still took the dealership 10 days to look at it, short staffing and all. Best part was ford apparently tells them to swap it another cylinder to see if it caused a code again. They ended up just replacing it. Like really for a sub $100 part. First real issue i have had. Truck has 13k on it and has been solid other than that.
Did you actually throw a code for this? Or was it just running rough? I have a very slight rough idle at stop lights. Its either a vacuum leak or an plug/coil issue.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just have a leaking tail light so far. Just don’t feel like dealing with the dealership right now. Like mentioned numerous times, check the pano drain tubes. Could be clogged or disconnected at the pillar handle.

Drumhead

Reaction score
Screen reboot just started . The funny thing is the phone continued to work. 4k miles.

housecat

Reaction score
No real issues here, for what it's worth.

1. Occasionally CarPlay will disconnect or I'll lose volume in the left speakers (only on CarPlay) and have to resync. Usually happens if I leave the truck on and walk somewhere else and come back.

2. My driver lumbar support was delivered disconnected, I connected it myself in a few minutes.

3. Occasionally adaptive cruise control will turn off randomly while driving, not sure if it's a nanny system or what but it doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing.

Mechanically nothing yet in 5k miles.