Let the problems begin (22' GEN3)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jajones45

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am curious to see if anyone else started having problems with their Raptor that similar to mine. At the very least this will make me feel better lol but, I do want to know if they were able to fix the issues.

BIG issue #1:
It has been an extremely dry summer on the northeast which is great for beachgoers like myself. Now that September hit, the rain was soon to follow.

Both speakers in the headliner (front passenger/driver) stopped working 2 weeks back. I entered the vehicle yesterday during a rain storm and found water rushing in through the passenger side headliner speaker. I do have a sunroof equipped roof on the truck. I am assuming both speaker have water damage since both shorted out, but the passenger side actually had water dripping out during the storm while the driver side appear dry.

Issue #2:
My awesome massive display and control unit will freeze and turn off every few drives while driving. The system resets itself over the next 60 seconds and all returns, but I dont think its normal for the freeze/reset to happen in the first place.

Another issue I see is imperfection in the White paint. There are little flecks of yellow here and there that seem to be under the clearcoat. Has anyone see this? I could reply with photos.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t gotten my g3 yet but I know the g2 had sunroof leaking issues. It was usually due to the drain channels being blocked. Plenty of YouTube videos on clearing them out. With the possibility of your truck living in a parking lot for months before you received it, it might be worth checking out.

On the paint, yellow is usually either rust from the train or bug poo. Try some iron remover on it and if that doesn’t work, bring to dealer. They don’t make a yellow Raptor so slim chance it’s overspray.

big jake

Reaction score
I have had my G3 for about a year and its been driven through some very heavy rain with no like issues. I have not experienced the reseting issues you described. I would for sure take it in.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Ordered without a sunroof for those potential reasons and if I ever did some hardcore jumping don't want that heavy glass overhead shifting. As others said, drains always where to start on sunroof trouble shooting...

As for the screen, knock on wood, I have not experienced any issues. Have seen some you tube videos with 21 up F150's having those issues. I believe gears and gadgets had a hybrid F150 having those issues in 21. Hope you get it resolved man.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another issue I see is imperfection in the White paint. There are little flecks of yellow here and there that seem to be under the clearcoat. Has anyone see this? I could reply with photos.

I guarantee this is iron/rail fallout. Get an iron remover and it’ll come off. No other washing will get it off though. Happens to all colors but most noticeable on white.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Claybar is also generally good for removing IFO, though to remove the actual clear coat staining, you need to polish.

Your head unit resets are very plausibly a result of your first problem. Having amplifier channels dead shorted can cause problems a long way back up the chain. You really shouldn't operate the vehicle in that state. The risk of causing more and more electrical damage is pretty good, up to including electrical fire (almost certainly not, but the risk is there).

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Claybar is also generally good for removing IFO, though to remove the actual clear coat staining, you need to polish.

Your head unit resets are very plausibly a result of your first problem. Having amplifier channels dead shorted can cause problems a long way back up the chain. You really shouldn't operate the vehicle in that state. The risk of causing more and more electrical damage is pretty good, up to including electrical fire (almost certainly not, but the risk is there).
Good point on the speaker shorting causing the resets

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like the others said, the yellow specks are most likely rail dust. Not uncommon to occur during shipping. It can be corrected yourself or by the dealer.

Definitely check the pano roof drains. If they’re plugged with environmental debris, water will overflow from the rails and can then drip from the headliner.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a coil go bad already. I knew what it was but still took the dealership 10 days to look at it, short staffing and all. Best part was ford apparently tells them to swap it another cylinder to see if it caused a code again. They ended up just replacing it. Like really for a sub $100 part. First real issue i have had. Truck has 13k on it and has been solid other than that.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had some clunking noise when driving over wash board bumps but that went away. Had a really loud, like a gun shot noise from the speakers, followed FT1 advise and checked all fuses and every ground I could find was tightened a bit. The center consul-radio takes forever to fully boot up. If I just start and go, sometimes the radio and Nav don’t work, so each start I wait for the radio to boot before I take off. Has a few little quirky bugs, but overall very good so far. 12k miles