Knocking sound from my engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine makes a horrible knocking or rattle sound when I start my truck very noticeable when I use remote start but I hate taking my truck into the dealer as they don't have anything for me to drive if I drop it iff

Sent from my iPhone

That is prob the cam tensioners getting pumped up with oil, nothing to worry about if it goes away after a couple of seconds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is prob the cam tensioners getting pumped up with oil, nothing to worry about if it goes away after a couple of seconds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes lasts for a second or two then stops thanks man

Sent from my iPhone

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suggestion: Cell phone camera. Would be interesting to compare ticking to knocking and how long it lasts. I get this on occasion in very cold weather and it only lasts a few seconds. I judge it normal due to weather and that all my GM's and BMW's do/did the same thing. Always sounds like rockers and or valve seats until they get their first healthy drink of synthetic, and always in the heads. If I detected a knock lower in the block, I would suspect something a way bit more evil, like piston slap, wrist pin, rod bearing or main bearing. I seem to recall Ford has a pretty good powertrain warranty. If it's the bottom end of the engine, you'll need to check it out.