Knocking sound from my engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
My serpentine belt tensioner made a sound like you describe.

Ya know, that's not a bad thought. I know the sound you mean, and it is kind of like that. However, when I checked initially it sounded like an internal sound. When you had that issue, was your tensioner visibly jumping or shaking?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...My new car landed at port this morning so when I pick it up I'll probably let the dealer take my truck.

Let me know when you head in to the dealership, BIRDMAN, and I'll loop in your regional customer service manager. To get the ball rolling, send me a quick PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll do the rest.

Crystal

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know, that's not a bad thought. I know the sound you mean, and it is kind of like that. However, when I checked initially it sounded like an internal sound. When you had that issue, was your tensioner visibly jumping or shaking?

It's visible but you wouldn't notice it unless its making the sound.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did you forget to let the midget stripper out of the center consol?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deep banging internal sounds suck! Can be a few different things (loose driveplate, cracked driveplate, wristpin) I say these cause you said it is intermittent if it was rod or crank related they would be constant. Do a brake torque in forward and reverse and listen to the noise to see how it changes. Not a hard brake tq just raise the rpm to about 2500 in D and R.

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine makes a horrible knocking or rattle sound when I start my truck very noticeable when I use remote start but I hate taking my truck into the dealer as they don't have anything for me to drive if I drop it iff

Sent from my iPhone

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
You did know Rasco put of a cup of marbles in your oil fill cap at last year's TRR right?