Knocking/Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbjnation

Reaction score
So I took my raptor in 2 weeks ago for sunroof issues and they heard a rattle so they fixed the phasers as well. Since the phasers have been done I’ve noticed a knocking sound from the engine on cold starts. It’s not every cold start but when the truck has been sitting for 15 minutes or more. The knock is not upon starting but about 10-15 seconds after. It’s going back to the dealer next week but I figured someone else may have had this issue as well.

YouTube link:

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yuck sucks to hear. As soon as a gasket comes in mine will have the phasers replaced. Almost sounds like a lifter/rocker arm. Weird since they shouldn’t have valve covers off I wouldn’t think.

OP
OP
L

lbjnation

Reaction score
Yuck sucks to hear. As soon as a gasket comes in mine will have the phasers replaced. Almost sounds like a lifter/rocker arm. Weird since they shouldn’t have valve covers off I wouldn’t think.
Yea it definitely sucks. I’ve owned the vehicle almost a month now. I never heard a knock or cam phaser rattle the first few days of ownership. Hell, I would go sit in the truck in the garage just because and I didn’t hear a knock. Once they replaced the phasers I instantly heard a ticking sound after the next cold start. Didn’t think anything of it until it start sounding like the video.