Kid hit my PARKED Raptor....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would also contact Crazy House Customs here in New Brunswick? FRF vendor. At least no one got hurt. But still just sucks. Do you have extra insurance for your aftermarket stuff?

OP
OP
RV-Junke

RV-Junke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures or it didn’t happen

Link here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoLvMt85Dwtjj4MKypRjU6wEwl3dZQ

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Honestly don't know the answer to this. Calling insurance company now. Good question, and honestly never gave it thought! We have an Umbrella on Auto and Home, so lets hope....

I would also contact Crazy House Customs here in New Brunswick? FRF vendor. At least no one got hurt. But still just sucks. Do you have extra insurance for your aftermarket stuff?

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Link here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoLvMt85Dwtjj4MKypRjU6wEwl3dZQ

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Honestly don't know the answer to this. Calling insurance company now. Good question, and honestly never gave it thought! We have an Umbrella on Auto and Home, so lets hope....
I just upped my Raptor policy for all of additional mods. Pics and line by line all the receipts were added. Only cost additional $150 extra a year for $19000 in extra shit. Just a piece of mind just in case like this one.

OP
OP
RV-Junke

RV-Junke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe too late to do that, but great idea...BTW, I think I will be using OK4Wheel drive. They partner with a Body Shop next to them that works with my Insurance company. Apparently they do a LOT of the lifted and heavily modified trucks out my way. They are 20min from me....This sucks! Winter in NJ and I will be without the truck for 8 weeks!

I just upped my Raptor policy for all of additional mods. Pics and line by line all the receipts were added. Only cost additional $150 extra a year for $19000 in extra shit. Just a piece of mind just in case like this one.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe too late to do that, but great idea...BTW, I think I will be using OK4Wheel drive. They partner with a Body Shop next to them that works with my Insurance company. Apparently they do a LOT of the lifted and heavily modified trucks out my way. They are 20min from me....This sucks! Winter in NJ and I will be without the truck for 8 weeks!

Keep us posted. Want to see how you make out with insurance for all the extra stuff. I guess if it is on the truck they really can not deny the replacement claim.
And yes the worse the weather the more you want to drive the truck. And yes time will stand still....8 weeks give or take. Depends if they can get a new bumper or going to be able to fix the one on the truck.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happened on the left rear where there are pieces of plastic on the road? Sorry to hear about this, at least the kid wasn't a complete idiot and stopped.

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happened on the left rear where there are pieces of plastic on the road? Sorry to hear about this, at least the kid wasn't a complete idiot and stopped.

I’m conflicted on this one... It appears the striking vehicle could have limped away, so I agree, the kid wasn’t a complete idiot and stopped. However, the street is arrow straight and there is no indication of any braking prior to impact and no rotation on the striking vehicle until after impact, so I’d be tempted to ask the kid for his cell phone and shove it up his ass after he gave it to me because I’d bet the farm on the fact he was texting/surfing on it prior to impact.

At least no one was injured or killed. Sorry about your vehicle for sure! Hopefully your body shop gets you back into the Raptor soon.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it was a nice 2012 GEN 2. Hope they get you all fixed up. Love to hear the kid's explanation for running into a parked truck.