Issue with my RollX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I open my bed and this is what I see:

DSC_1303.jpg

As most owners know. The Roll-X uses a felt strip on the left and right side to protect your hands from getting pinch when you roll it up. This felt strip basically was glued onto the bottom of the cover. I guess sitting out in the hot sun the bed can heat up pretty quick and as a result the felt just detaches itself from the bottom of the cover due the adhesive getting soft due to the heat.

For the record, I love the Roll-X. It's 100% waterproof and I love being able to see out my window when hauling something.

I will be giving Morrie a call soon!

Nemesis

Reaction score
Exact same thing happened to me last year. I called up Morrie and sent him some pictures. About 1 to 2 weeks later I received a new Roll-X. The new one had some fixes and upgrades that were nice.

The problem is that the new Roll-x never quite fit right at the front of the bed and there is a gap between the cover and the weather stripping. Everything else was perfect (or better than the original). I tried bending the from clmps down to get the cover to sit flush, but no luck.
I sent pics of the gap to Morrie but never heard anything back.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exact same thing happened to me last year. I called up Morrie and sent him some pictures. About 1 to 2 weeks later I received a new Roll-X. The new one had some fixes and upgrades that were nice.

The problem is that the new Roll-x never quite fit right at the front of the bed and there is a gap between the cover and the weather stripping. Everything else was perfect (or better than the original). I tried bending the from clmps down to get the cover to sit flush, but no luck.
I sent pics of the gap to Morrie but never heard anything back.

i had this same problem with the new design...i added some weather stripping to it and all was good...worked like a charm. but the gap is pretty huge, there's no denying that!

Nemesis

Reaction score
do you remember what type of weather stripping you used. I looks for some at the hardware store but didn't see anything that was big enough. This pic is with a piece of weather stripping installed.

I also noticed when I was dealing with this that the old Roll-X had a bolted on piece of rubber stripping on the bottom at the front of the cover.

Attachments

• IMG_2359.jpg
    IMG_2359.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2361.jpg
    IMG_2361.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 78
D

Deleted member 12951

I put the weather strip that came with it on but was a large gap plus it didn't stick very well and came loose in dusty runs.

I removed it and used a locktite tape to make it stick better and then used another L shape strip in front of it. It still left a gap that water could collect so I ended up folding it over with more locktite tape. Now its sealed good!!

esy4y3y2.jpg

adyza2at.jpg

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
update ... just called Morrie and it looks like I will get a new RollX. I told Morrie I will hold out a few months if need be as the new RollX-HD will be coming out soon. I will update this thread when I get my new cover.

D

Deleted member 12951

update ... just called Morrie and it looks like I will get a new RollX. I told Morrie I will hold out a few months if need be as the new RollX-HD will be coming out soon. I will update this thread when I get my new cover.

I sent Morrie an email the other day about mine and he hasn't responded. What is the HD part of the new Roll-X?

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious as well about the HD since mine is starting to fall apart. I'd go with a truck covers USA tonneau but that thing is pricey.

D

Deleted member 12951

Curious as well about the HD since mine is starting to fall apart. I'd go with a truck covers USA tonneau but that thing is pricey.

Spoke with Morrie just now, he called me. Gave me some suggestions on keeping the cover from popping when off-roading and going to send me some shims to see if that helps. I have the new design that came out this year so no luck there. He mentioned the Roll-X HD and I asked him about it. He said he didn't know, not that it's top secret just he hasn't been told. He said it is an improvement so it's gotta be better. :)

Apparently BAK got bought out in March/April by THI who owns a bunch of other companies (Extang, TruXedo, UnderCover, Advantage and BedRug). The engineers from all the companies are working together more to make their covers even better....according to Morrie.

THI acquires San Fernando, Calif.-based BAK Industries | MLive.com

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spoke with Morrie just now, he called me. Gave me some suggestions on keeping the cover from popping when off-roading and going to send me some shims to see if that helps. I have the new design that came out this year so no luck there. He mentioned the Roll-X HD and I asked him about it. He said he didn't know, not that it's top secret just he hasn't been told. He said it is an improvement so it's gotta be better. :)

Apparently BAK got bought out in March/April by THI who owns a bunch of other companies (Extang, TruXedo, UnderCover, Advantage and BedRug). The engineers from all the companies are working together more to make their covers even better....according to Morrie.

THI acquires San Fernando, Calif.-based BAK Industries | MLive.com

good to know...i think i can hold out for a bit and see what the HD is like...