Is there a way to get the memory seats to move while driving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeti Rojo

Reaction score
Periodically my truck won't move the seat back to the correct position after I start it.

Since Ford's engineers decided that most people aren't smart enough to adjust the seat with the memory button while also steering, they've disabled that feature.

I'm curious if anyone has figured out (Forscan maybe) how to bypass this so I don't have to put my truck in park to get the seat and steering wheel back to the right place?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s enough that I can keep the memory buttons active.

Wife 1.0 firmly believes that if the truck/iphone/whatever doesn’t respond IMMEDIATELY, you press the button HARDER, over and over again, then press and HOLD that button with all your might.

Every time she screws up the settings I remind her that she sat through the same purchase briefing I did about how to set the seating presets and recall them, then I get the look, long awkward silence while she drives us to wherever.

You can still make individual adjustments, but the memory recall is disabled if you’re not in park I believe and I don’t know of a FORSCAN option update.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh... I'm on Yeti's side on this one. Of course "things could happen", but a lot more then that is happening a lot faster when riding a motorcycle (just retired from riding one professionally). Point is, Darwin tends to weed out those who shouldn't from those who can pretty quickly :p .

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A real mindf%%ck is adjusting the pedal height while driving. I swear, that button is backward, I never get it right and end up speeding up and down the road. ;)
That’s part of the memory on my Gen 1, I set that up almost 12 years ago and haven’t adjusted them since. That and the tilt steering, don’t think I even remember how to adjust it anymore, lol.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Meh... I'm on Yeti's side on this one. Of course "things could happen", but a lot more then that is happening a lot faster when riding a motorcycle (just retired from riding one professionally). Point is, Darwin tends to weed out those who shouldn't from those who can pretty quickly :p .

Let me share a few lessons “from the street” with you then.

1) On the track, there are no cell yakkers piloting 2-3 ton wheeled missiles implementing chaos theory while piloting said missiles, sipping their latte, smoking a cigarette and yakking on their cell phone, seemingly trying to kill you.
2) Even the skilled BDC’s really aren’t.
3) Fer F*CK’s sake, bright sunshine is NOT inclement weather!
4) Minivans = death. stay away.
5) there is no problem on the road that a liter bike or larger cannot resolve with throttle (in the right amount)
6) pass with prejudice. Passing is not a conversation or negotiation, it is the act of assuming your rightful place in front of the slower, plodding BDC.
7) Profile. Sure, not all minivan pilots are trying to kill you, but why take the chance. BMW drivers? OMG.
8) 6 & 7 - pass hellcats, GT’s, SS camaros, GTR’s, and supercars with --extreme prejudice--. No negotiation. If they’re stupid enough to try to make up for having their ego stomped, let them throw the block for you and get the ticket, but don’t dawdle while passing the fragile ego’d porsche driver.
9) Have a way out besides the brakes, just in case.
10) Street ain’t the track; winning means arriving home safe, and not with a warrant out for your arrest.

But yeah, we had this conversation back in ’17. I can definitely see Ford being sued for someone having a collision and blaming the memory settings, so I get why it’s locked out.

It’s not like I have to pull levers, and manually move the seat. Honestly, I don’t use easy entry/exit on the Rap, but I do on the Lincoln and definitely regret it when I get in after my wife drove; she’s - as another FRF coined - “Fun sized” :) and I’m not. So I hop in the Lincoln after she drove, hit start and the next thing you know my head is being crammed up against the roof and I’m being shoved toward the steering wheel! #AnotherFirstWorldProblem.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let me share a few lessons “from the street” with you then.

1) On the track, there are no cell yakkers piloting 2-3 ton wheeled missiles implementing chaos theory while piloting said missiles, sipping their latte, smoking a cigarette and yakking on their cell phone, seemingly trying to kill you.
2) Even the skilled BDC’s really aren’t.
3) Fer F*CK’s sake, bright sunshine is NOT inclement weather!
4) Minivans = death. stay away.
5) there is no problem on the road that a liter bike or larger cannot resolve with throttle (in the right amount)
6) pass with prejudice. Passing is not a conversation or negotiation, it is the act of assuming your rightful place in front of the slower, plodding BDC.
7) Profile. Sure, not all minivan pilots are trying to kill you, but why take the chance. BMW drivers? OMG.
8) 6 & 7 - pass hellcats, GT’s, SS camaros, GTR’s, and supercars with --extreme prejudice--. No negotiation. If they’re stupid enough to try to make up for having their ego stomped, let them throw the block for you and get the ticket, but don’t dawdle while passing the fragile ego’d porsche driver.
9) Have a way out besides the brakes, just in case.
10) Street ain’t the track; winning means arriving home safe, and not with a warrant out for your arrest.

But yeah, we had this conversation back in ’17. I can definitely see Ford being sued for someone having a collision and blaming the memory settings, so I get why it’s locked out.

It’s not like I have to pull levers, and manually move the seat. Honestly, I don’t use easy entry/exit on the Rap, but I do on the Lincoln and definitely regret it when I get in after my wife drove; she’s - as another FRF coined - “Fun sized” :) and I’m not. So I hop in the Lincoln after she drove, hit start and the next thing you know my head is being crammed up against the roof and I’m being shoved toward the steering wheel! #AnotherFirstWorldProblem.
The only time I used that easy entry was when I had knee surgery and was still on crutches, made it so easy to get in and out when you couldn’t bend your knee.

OP
OP
Yeti Rojo

Yeti Rojo

Reaction score
I suppose I could just turn off easy entry/exit. But at 6'7" its a whole lot easier to get in with the seat back. The issue is the steering wheel is too far away when the seat is back.

Of course, if I could figure out why easy entry/exit doesn't work 100% of the time I could just fix that problem and I wouldn't need to hit the memory seat while moving!