Driving Experience -- manual shifting and steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

ATXtor

Reaction score
I agree with the gearing part. Funny enough, the platinum, lariats etc have adaptive steering. It basically changes the steering ratio on the fly. So tighter turns take less wheel turn. For some reason the raptor didn’t get it.
It was the ONLY thing that made the F250 palatable around town, when not pulling! It was the bomb! Mandatory Plat/Lar just for it, IMO!

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I know we’re talking Gen 2 vs Gen 3, but I thought the 10spd shifted pretty quick in manual. The thing is, in sport mode the truck is much more efficient and handling the 10spd than I was. I always ended up letting the truck do the work. I normally only used the paddles to downshift on steeper grades to save on the brakes.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please smurf, the Ford/Chevy 10spd is dudu. I could rifle through 3 gears on my Gen 2 and it would literally take seconds to shift gears. All you get are high revs and slow shifts. It's not even worth using. My Bimmer paddle shifts are instant.
Tune

jamesstone1933

Reaction score
I kinda have a feeling at this point your trying to bait people into hating you. It’s working well. Plus using big boy words don’t make you a big boy

OP
OP
A

ATXtor

Reaction score
I kinda have a feeling at this point your trying to bait people into hating you. It’s working well. Plus using big boy words don’t make you a big boy
Hmmm, let's see. Your comments are: 1. You hate me, or close; 2. You spoke for me and told me what I want; and 3. You criticized how I express myself and write. But I didn't see any subject content. I'm not sure why you would even type such a harsh, opposite-of-love word "hate" in such a situation where you don't even know me and we're all goofing around on a dirt truck forum. Hate is the most intense, negative, and vile thing that you could wish upon anyone. It seems like there's a lot of people hating a lot of people these days, but the truth is, we're all the same really -- I invite you ponder that. Usually expressing hate for others we don't know, that haven't even chosen to directly interact with us, is really just an expression of Self. I do NOT hate you, and have respect and compassion for you, as I know your comments have nothing to do with me. That's your own journey. I wish you well bother, never intended any of my words to torque-you-out so badly to the point of hate. I guess I should have thrown in some smiley faces! Enjoy your truck, whatever it is!

Diablo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would prefer a good manual transmission, they can stick the paddles and the auto-tran thingy in the same pile as the useless techno-crap stuff.....AND delete the crewcab, sunroof, and auto tailgate. Get rid of the crap and give us a truck to roar across the trails with. Not to drive one handed on the city street while sipping a damn latte........rant over