Weird Seat Pedal Steering Preset Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdholder

Reaction score
I noticed recently that my seat, wheel and pedals were not returning to my preset position when I turned the truck on. I’m using my key fob, and it has been previously set to preset 1.

When this happens, I also can’t adjust the steering wheel placement with the 4-Way switch on the side of the steering wheel. It simply doesn’t work. That is, until I move my seat a little. Then sometimes the wheel adjustment starts to work.

More recently, even that trick hasn’t worked. So I tried to turn off easy access in the information display, but it was greyed out. And I also couldn’t set a memory with any of the presets, 1, 2 or 3. No response.

Long story short, I waited a while, restarted the truck and was able to turn off easy access, set my steering wheel and seat the way I wanted it, but the presets still wouldn’t beep (to set) or respond at all.

It seems like the seat memory module (if there is such a thing) isn’t waking up. Or is waking up intermittently.

Any thoughts on how to fix this would be appreciated!

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check under the seat and make sure everything is plugged into that modem thing, not sure if that would be the cause though, the seat has separate memory apparently from the steering and pedals

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I never used this in my Rap and honestly didn’t need it. My wife however is... under-tall. height challenged. IOW:

SHORT

So we make use of this in her Lincoln, which is our primary mileage eater. I swear it does not return to the same location I set in the presets. it’s close, but almost always a touch short. It makes getting in and out easy but I find it a bit frustrating from time to time.

any chance you have DTC’s set?