Remote start climate control acting weird?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisV

Reaction score
I have my climate control settings set to “last setting”. If I get in the truck and start it, it remembers the last settings. If I remote start the truck, the steering wheel heater turns on and the passenger seat warmer turns on at full setting. It’s very odd. I think the previous owner may have messed with something. Has anyone experienced this? Any areas to look into?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Only in cold weather or all the time?

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine turns on steering wheel and driver’s seat heat on remote start in cold weather.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remote start after sitting overnight, only the drivers seat and steering wheel come on at max heat if cold enough outside to meet parameters. Otherwise, it starts with whatever I left it set at when I shut the truck off for both driver and passenger seat. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Steph

Reaction score
Hello, Have a 2019 F150 Raptor. Does anyone have an idea how to set the climate control, when started with the remote key ?
There must be an outside temp setting, giving instruction to the truck to start the heater for example. How to change this ?
Also, is there a way to set up the remote key with whatever climate control I need. EG, AC on, seat AC on full etcetc. Is there a way to set the key up ?
Best
Stephan