is there a Service Bulleting for faulty Cam Phasers yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 018 has developed the 10 second rattle on startup and I wanted to be able to site a Service Bulletin if one exists when I take it into the shop.

Does anyone have a link to a SB covering this? or number?

Thx

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Call the dealer you wanna go to and explain what’s going on and they will say oh yeah common repair. If they don’t know about it I’d be looking for another dealer that’s experienced with pulling apart the front part of your motor.

Viper01

Reaction score
My 18 just started the rattle a few thousand miles ago. I’m approaching 41k. This is the first issue I’ve had in almost 3 years with this truck. I service the oil every 4k and even allow it to idle for a minute or two before shifting into gear. I do have a tune and other performance mods. When I spoke with my dealership about the repairs they told me to just switch back to factory tune before I bring it in. He said the only reason for the switch to factory tune was so that their system could recognize my truck. He joked that half of his service appointments were for cam phasers.

Dan096

Reaction score
TSB 20-2191 replace all 4 phasers due to rattle noise on cold start. Just finished one on a 18 navigator, same engine.have 3 more waiting for phasers ,all under 20k miles.Pays 10.5 hours but takes 12 to 15 to do it right.Problem is the replacement phasers are the original part ,have not been updated yet.My 18 Raptor with 20k has no rattle yet ,but if it does i may wait for updated phasers or trade it in. At least you get a oil change with phaser replacement!

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TSB 20-2191 replace all 4 phasers due to rattle noise on cold start. Just finished one on a 18 navigator, same engine.have 3 more waiting for phasers ,all under 20k miles.Pays 10.5 hours but takes 12 to 15 to do it right.Problem is the replacement phasers are the original part ,have not been updated yet.My 18 Raptor with 20k has no rattle yet ,but if it does i may wait for updated phasers or trade it in. At least you get a oil change with phaser replacement!
Lol what? CD are the new phasers. You either are full of crap or have no idea what your talking about.

The original intake phaser part number ended in "C". The revised part number ends in "CD".

@FordTechOne get a load of this BS...

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The phasers have been updated; the latest service part has the suffix “CD”, which corrects the issue. They have been available since late summer last year.